Police check

rayrachel

Hi

I am Australian citizen returning to OZ in March after 14 years. I need to get a police check done for a new job I will be starting in Melbourne.

Do I get a UK or OZ police check? The OZ says it only checks last 10 years so I thought it would be a UK one but they only seem to do them for uk citizens or for immigration purposes. I have been on indefinite leave to remain visa for last ten years.

The Oz one also has to be applied for in Victoria with an address. The federal police one is only for commonwealth employees.

All very confusing. Please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

I am Australian citizen returning to OZ in March after 14 years. I need to get a police check done for a new job I will be starting in Melbourne.

Do I get a UK or OZ police check? The OZ says it only checks last 10 years so I thought it would be a UK one but they only seem to do them for uk citizens or for immigration purposes. I have been on indefinite leave to remain visa for last ten years.

The Oz one also has to be applied for in Victoria with an address. The federal police one is only for commonwealth employees.

All very confusing. Please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, soecifically, are the employers asking for? Do the want an AFP check or do they want police checks covering wheere you have lived? Get them to specifiy what they need!

And if they want AFP you can apply for that online with an addrss anywhere in the world -same as if you are emigrating.

Archived