Environmental Type Work

Glasshalfull

hi guys,

I have PR.

I have an Environmental Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Management and worked in Local Government for 13 years.

Finding it hard to get work any ideas.

I tried councils and got a few interviews but lack of knowledge of specific legislation and local systems is a draw back. I also applied to big firms Golder Associates, KBR, SMEC, Morgan, Jacobs, Coffey, Kleinfielder, Parsons, Aecom etc., but I would surmise the lack of local on the ground experience is not helping. I offered to start in a Graduate position but then I'm over qualified.

So anyone got any ideas where or how I can get my foot in the door?

cheers in advance

Wayne

hi guys,

I have PR.

I have an Environmental Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Management and worked in Local Government for 13 years.

Finding it hard to get work any ideas.

I tried councils and got a few interviews but lack of knowledge of specific legislation and local systems is a draw back. I also applied to big firms Golder Associates, KBR, SMEC, Morgan, Jacobs, Coffey, Kleinfielder, Parsons, Aecom etc., but I would surmise the lack of local on the ground experience is not helping. I offered to start in a Graduate position but then I'm over qualified.

So anyone got any ideas where or how I can get my foot in the door?

cheers in advance

Wayne

Try the company I work for BMD, start with this link

http://www.bmd.com.au/careers/

Good luck.