Accept new Job, or Stay in old job for PR

Lagan22

Hi All,

Regular lurker / infrequent poster here - I'd just like to grab some opinions on the situation I'm in! :)

I'm currently employed with a company that I've been working for on my 457 Visa for the better part of 4 years.

I had attempted to apply for PR under the 186 Visa TRTS after 2 years, but my position changed because my team was made redundant, I was moved into another role and that made me ineligible (Even though I'm working for the same company! :\ ).

I've been in my new role, another 2 years later, and my company is willing to sponsor me for PR this time, however I've been offered another role with a different company (same role, much better paying, almost 2x the salary), who are willing to accept my 457 / apply for another.

My question is....Is it worth sticking out with my current role, apply for PR, or accept the new role and apply a little later on for PR under the 186 Visa Direct Entry stream?

Its a tough call..Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

If you can pass a skills assessment then you can do the direct entry stream any time you like if your employer is on board with your plan.

The transition stream allows you to apply without the need for a skills assessment if employed in the nominated role for 2 years.

So why not jump ship and then start the ball rolling for the direct stream straight away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback :) Yeah, that's the option I was leaning towards. After waiting 4 years for PR I guess I can wait a little longer and apply through the Direct Entry stream. When its literally 2 weeks before my 2 year anniversary in this role, its tempting to just hang in a little longer, but its too good an opportunity to pass up!

Thanks guys :)

Archived