189 Visa - Work experience points

Beckb

Hi there,

Sorry to start another thread about the 189 visa but I searched and couldn't find my question answered anywhere, also if I waited any longer I would have combusted in self doubt.

My question.

I have applied and paid for my visa and uploaded all the relevant documents and now I am just waiting on an assessment. I have claimed 65 points (Age 30, IELTS 20, Education 15) and was invited to apply with this score, my concern is that as a Teacher currently employed (1.5 years) I have not yet worked enough years to claim work experience points. My skills are assessed etc, but will my visa be refused because I do not have the overseas work experience? Is this a mandatory requirement as I was invited to apply without claiming OWE points in the EOI. I have never claimed for OWE points, I am just worried that it is a mandatory requirement for acceptance.

Any my help would be hugely appreciated, I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks

Becky

As long as you have enough points without claiming any work experience then it's not a problem. I managed to get to 60 without claiming work experience (same as you except only 25 for age)

Some occupations need certain experience for a positive skills assessment so as long as that wasn't a problem you'll be good.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for this!

As long as you have enough points without claiming any work experience then it's not a problem. I managed to get to 60 without claiming work experience (same as you except only 25 for age)

Some occupations need certain experience for a positive skills assessment so as long as that wasn't a problem you'll be good.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Archived