Proof of length of residency

SaraVale

Hello All,

This is my first post so hopefully I get it right...

I've received my permanent visa (partner/subclass 100) and now have to apply for visa's for my children whom I have to sponsor. The sponsor form asks for proof of length of residency, I'm not sure how I would prove this and wondered if anyone has done this recently/can advise? I'm planning my first trip since receiving the visa next month, it is only a two week stay; will I get some kind of stamp in my passport? I'd thought everything would be electronic these days so immigration would just check on my passport/border control...

Thanks

Hello All,

This is my first post so hopefully I get it right...

I've received my permanent visa (partner/subclass 100) and now have to apply for visa's for my children whom I have to sponsor. The sponsor form asks for proof of length of residency, I'm not sure how I would prove this and wondered if anyone has done this recently/can advise? I'm planning my first trip since receiving the visa next month, it is only a two week stay; will I get some kind of stamp in my passport? I'd thought everything would be electronic these days so immigration would just check on my passport/border control...

Thanks

I believe they've done away with one of the stamps in the very recent past. Either exit or entry, can't remember which. I'll just have a look in my passport

It's complicated. You can still be resident but be temporarily offshore. Residence is taken to commence when you first enter Australia on a legitimate visa and continues as long as you continue to hold a valid visa. However, if you are offshore for too long in a given period, it may be deemed too much and make the clock reset for counting a period of residency e.g. for citizenship purposes.

Archived