Got my invite today (Yay)....next steps query???

MiniCooper

Hi,

Super excited that we received our invite only two weeks after putting in an EOI. Thanks to Captain C and his ability to predict the future we have booked our medicals for next Wednesday and have organised our Police checks and awaiting their return.

I have all documents scanned in and ready to load into the Visa application but I want to know:

Should I wait until the police checks come back before lodging the application so that all documents are ready for when a CO is assigned?

Or should I start the application, upload all documents and add in Police checks and Medicals as and when available.

My concern is that I will lodge the application, upload all my docs and then a CO will be assigned when we don't have our PCC's and then our application will go to the back of the queue again.

I understand that you can't really predict when the CO will be assigned and how the Visa application will go but advice is very much appreciated.

Also I have filled in a form 80 for me as the primary applicant, should I fill one in for him indoors too? He was in the military 20 years ago.

Last question: I currently work on supply and my most recent payslip states 25 hours worked in the month of November ( I haven't received December payslip yet as I'm paid in arrears) Should I upload it or will the fact that I'm not working regular hours go against me. I have not claimed this year on my skills assessment.

Huge thanks to PIO for getting me this far already.

:jiggy:

There is little benefit in doing the police and medical checks now unless you are concerned something comes up. If you do them early, it will limit the length of time you have to make first entry as you must make first entry within 12 months of police / medical - whichever is earliest. At the same time doing then early rarely speeds up the process as they will just sit there until the co is ready for them.

Personally, I would wait until the co requests them.

Archived