Statutory declaration for Vetassess

ABG

I've got another question relating to Vetassess:

I'm going down the route of making a statutory declaration rather than getting a statement of services from my employer as until I am sure of a positive outcome, and that I've locked in my bonus, I don't want to alert them to the fact that I am looking at emigrating.

I have worked for the past 9 years with the same employer but in three different roles, each one pertinent (just more seniority) to my skills assessment. Do I need to submit this as three separate Stat. Decl, one for each role, or would one declaration covering all three roles be sufficient? I will also be submitting payslips, tax records, employment contract and addendums to the contract showing the promotions, and a reference letter from the company's previous CEO who I worked with for 6 of the 9 years and covers two of the 3 roles I am seeking assessment on.

Found the answers by contacting Vetassess directly. In case anyone in the future has a similar query, I only need to make 1 statutory declaration for all roles. As I'm in the UK, the declaration should be using UK format (unless I get the Australian consulate to witness it, in that case it should be Aus template). I only need a statutory declaration to the effect that I am not making my application from Australia if I have listed an Australian address as one of the contact addresses.

Hi ABG,

I'm going down the Statutory Declaration route as well, I've found a solicitor that is happy to act as a witness but I can't find what the actual Declaration should include. I have been emailing VETASSESS but struggling to have much luck.

My solicitor can act as a notary but needs me to provide all the documents...is it simply a self written description what I do for a living?

Thanks!

Hi ABG,

I'm going down the Statutory Declaration route as well, I've found a solicitor that is happy to act as a witness but I can't find what the actual Declaration should include. I have been emailing VETASSESS but struggling to have much luck.

My solicitor can act as a notary but needs me to provide all the documents...is it simply a self written description what I do for a living?

Thanks!

Hi Blighty, whether it is correct or not is TBD, but this is what I have done. I made sure that as much as possible in the declaration was verifiable by payslips, employment contracts, reference letters. I hope it helps!

STATUTORY DECLARATION

In support of evidence of employment and work-duties as a Research and Development Manager for Australian immigration skills assessment by VETASSESS

I, ABG,

of XYZ, UK

do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

1) Name of Employer (address), is a company incorporated in England and Wales (incorporation number) of employer that researches and develops drugs

2) Worked at Employer as R&D Manager between month/year-month/year

3) My main duties in this role were:

a) List of duties (used ANZSCO description as a basis so ticked all the boxes)

4) Month/year-month year of role 2

5) My main duties in this role were.....etc etc

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Declared at XYZ, UK

This day of

………………………………………………………………

(signature of applicant making Declaration)

Before me ……………………………………………………

A Notary Public authorised to administer oaths on behalf of:

• 1 year later...
On 16/01/2016 at 7:26 PM, ABG said:

Found the answers by contacting Vetassess directly. In case anyone in the future has a similar query, I only need to make 1 statutory declaration for all roles. As I'm in the UK, the declaration should be using UK format (unless I get the Australian consulate to witness it, in that case it should be Aus template). I only need a statutory declaration to the effect that I am not making my application from Australia if I have listed an Australian address as one of the contact addresses.

Hi ABG,

have you got positive assessment by just using Statdec? Is this a self declaration or must be from a third party like colleague, supervisor,? Would really appreciate your help. Thanks

You can use a stat dec if an employer is no longer operating or cannot sign a reference for some reason, or in cases where you do not wish to make your employers aware of your plans to emigrate.

However, declarations need to be backed up with good evidence, such as payslips, tax documents, employer contracts and any other correspondence linking you with the company.

The reason why a full employment reference cannot be provided must also be explained in the declaration.

Regards,

Richard

On 01/05/2017 at 5:25 PM, Ozoioi said:

Hi ABG,

have you got positive assessment by just using Statdec? Is this a self declaration or must be from a third party like colleague, supervisor,? Would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Yes, I got a positive assessment using statutory declaration and other supporting evidence. My occupation as R&D Manager meant that I could independently verify lots of things in the statutory declaration, such as research grants, peer reviewed publications and conference presentations that are available online. For my visa I got a proper reference letter from my employer. 

Archived