PARTNER (MIGRANT) (Class BC) PARTNER (Subclass 100) - Expiry timeframe?

jepg45

So I was granted a PARTNER (MIGRANT) (Class BC) PARTNER (Subclass 100) visa back in 2013 and as part of the requirements I needed to enter Australia by January 2014.

During the time of preparing to leave the UK and head to Australia I was offered a job in the Middle East which I decided to take.

I did enter Australia before January 2014 on my PARTNER (MIGRANT) (Class BC) PARTNER (Subclass 100) visa with no problems but was only there for 3 weeks on 'holiday' before leaving to head back to UAE.

Am I right in thinking that this particular visa has no conditions or expiry timeframes on it. Even though i am not actually living in Oz at the moment it is still completely valid?

It is valid for now but if you don't move to Aus within a certain timeframe it will lapse and chances are, if you've made no attempt to reside in Aus or have substantial ties there etc, you won't get a RRV and would have to apply and start all over again. Cost now is something like $6-7000 for the partner visa.

The entry rights on your 100 visa last for 5 years from the date the visa was granted. If you're in Australia when those entry rights expire, then you can stay indefinitely. If you're not in Australia, or if you are but want to be able to travel then you need to apply for a Resident Return Visa - whether you will be granted one will depend on if/how long you have lived in Australia or if you have strong ties to Australia (job, home, family living here, etc.)

Archived