Advice on document front loading please (certifying docs)

MiniCooper

Hi there,

Awesome news today - received positive skills assessment. YAY!

I have been reading this forum for months and note that uploaded documents for the visa application did not need to be certified. However the Border.gov website now says: 'Unless asked to do otherwise, you should provide 'certified copies' of original documents, rather than the original documents'

Of course I've done a fair bit of research and the Australian website states that : ''Certified copies' have been authorised (or stamped) as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live.'

So who can I get to do this? Could a nurse do it? A teacher? or does it need to be a doctor / principal / notary public?

Many thanks for all the help, support and guidance so far POI.

You are allowed to upload colour photo copies of your documents, there are a lot of posts on her covering this, I did not get any of my documents certified and received a direct grant.

As you say it starts out by saying: "All supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded with your application. All documents that you provide must be certified copies of original documents"

However further down before each item it usual starts "Scanned colour copies".

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick response. I have read several posts covering this topic but I just wanted to be absolutely certain after reading the quoted statement in my previous post on the website. I don't want anything to cause any delays.

If it says 'unless otherwise stated all docs must be certified' even if it says 'scanned colour copies' surely that means it still must be certified? However I do see you have just received your grant very recently. Congratulations. And I also see that lots of people have only uploaded colour scans without certification first. I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed and thanks again for your reply. Good luck with the big move.

I read it as meaning colour scans of original unless you were posting stuff in then it would need to be certified, I got grant no problem too n didn't certify anything.

I am sure I have read on another thread that the wording is from the old site and references when you could post documents as you say, now it is all online only and they have not updated it.

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick response. I have read several posts covering this topic but I just wanted to be absolutely certain after reading the quoted statement in my previous post on the website. I don't want anything to cause any delays.

If it says 'unless otherwise stated all docs must be certified' even if it says 'scanned colour copies' surely that means it still must be certified? However I do see you have just received your grant very recently. Congratulations. And I also see that lots of people have only uploaded colour scans without certification first. I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed and thanks again for your reply. Good luck with the big move.

Are you based in the UK? If so, you should have a read of the Australian High Commission London website here: http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_certification.html

The link above confirms the following:

Certification of documents

Visa Applications

For visa applications lodged at the London office, if you are required to provide a police clearance, you must provide the original document.

If you are required to provide a statutory declaration, you must provide the original statutory declaration and a copy of the photo ID of the person making the statutory declaration, but this does not need to be certified.

For other documents, please do not send originals unless you are requested by your case officer to do so. There is no requirement that documents are certified when you lodge your application. If your case officer requires an original copy or a certified copy, they will contact you directly.

Hi there,

Yes I got my grant last mnoth so very recent experience!

I had to get documents certified for my partners AHPRA (nursing) registration, the notary I used bound the documents with fancy ribbon and a proper wax stamp, there would have been no way I could upload copies of this! These were not needed for the visa application though.

Massive thanks to you all for your responses. It really does help. I am going to scan in all my documents ASAP. I do however need to get one document certified (it specifies in the document checklist) and look at getting my meds booked and arranging police checks. I live in Cyprus at the minute so will need to arrange one from here too. Not sure how straightforward that will be :/.

Thanks again everyone.

Archived