EOI submitted Dec '15. visa 190-189. time frames. general chat

Guest Guest114430

Visa application submitted yesterday so it's twiddly thumbs time waiting for medical request from immigration. Starting to get exciting now.....How's everyone getting on, any updates? Anyone made the move yet?!

Good luck... We went ahead to book for our Medicals after the visa application.

No updates yet still waiting for a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello guys, just a quick update,

yeah, weve made the move!! as soon as visas were granted it was all steam ahead and we flew out of glasgow on the 24th may!!

thats us been here about 6 weeks, and what a hectic six weeks it has been!! stayed with family for the first 4 weeks and are now living in a flat in the city, a flat we had our eye on months ago, its amazing!! have also got ourselves a wee car and started working which has been great.

Loving it so far and definitely worth it lol.. but my god you will have a lot to tick off your list when you arrive and its not all plain sailing :) but thats part of the adventure.

I think were feeling quite settled in and nothing has been any great hassle to be honest (apart from Telstra) haha

I could go through a list of everything weve done but its nearly bedtime! If you want any info or a heads up on anything were more than happy to help now that weve "been there done it" haha :)

Gav

hello guys, just a quick update,

yeah, weve made the move!! as soon as visas were granted it was all steam ahead and we flew out of glasgow on the 24th may!!

thats us been here about 6 weeks, and what a hectic six weeks it has been!! stayed with family for the first 4 weeks and are now living in a flat in the city, a flat we had our eye on months ago, its amazing!! have also got ourselves a wee car and started working which has been great.

Loving it so far and definitely worth it lol.. but my god you will have a lot to tick off your list when you arrive and its not all plain sailing :) but thats part of the adventure.

I think were feeling quite settled in and nothing has been any great hassle to be honest (apart from Telstra) haha

I could go through a list of everything weve done but its nearly bedtime! If you want any info or a heads up on anything were more than happy to help now that weve "been there done it" haha :)

Gav

Brilliant Gav....ahh all exciting and a bit stressful I expect but all worth it!

Glad yous have jobs that's an amazing weight off isn't it....keep us up to date!

yeah it is all rather stressful, i dont know what your skills/trades/experience is and if you have anything to come over to, but weve found it a bit difficult. not to put you off atall i wouldnt talk anyone out of it or dishearten them, but I wouldnt expect anyone to walk into a job over here at the moment, there is alot of people looking and not a lot of jobs, i have been extremely lucky getting the position i got! and even at that it is a step down from my last job, with a bit less money, but we knew that anyway. you need to start small and work your way up over here. i think the trick is just getting into work, even if its something you might not be happy with, it keeps the savings in the bank!

I'm a nail technician Gav, have built a little business up this last 9 months and it's doing good.....hoping to simply do as I do here and rent space in a hairdressers, don't need to ask anyone for a job really just rent space.

Hubby is a youth worker so that's a bit daunting bug he's well qualified and seems to be a fair big of jobs advertised.....I've even said he should just get stuck in and volunteer whilst waiting for a job offer.

I'm expecting stress though for sure.... Its a big deal and definitely scary x

Archived