EOI submitted Dec '15. visa 190-189. time frames. general chat

Guest Guest114430

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any concrete plans as such time wise, but I i have planned exactly what im going to do when i get that bit of paper, and were just so eager to get it. once its official we can really get the ball rolling. have wanted this for the past decade and have spent the past year sorting out things to go. I am honestly ready to fling my clothes in a bag and go tomorrow, its really that easy now!

I don't have any concrete plans as such time wise, but I i have planned exactly what im going to do when i get that bit of paper, and were just so eager to get it. once its official we can really get the ball rolling. have wanted this for the past decade and have spent the past year sorting out things to go. I am honestly ready to fling my clothes in a bag and go tomorrow, its really that easy now!

Similar to us, been hoping and planning for years....eventually all coming together....absolutely gobsmacked that we have eventually been invited.

We're hoping to go by January for the kids, especially our daughter, starting her final Australian school years with other kids at the beginning of term.

Whether it turns out like that is another matter, but I like to plan anyway and try to stick to it best I can.

Still don't know whether to ship belongings or buy new.....

myself and my partner are still kind of at home, so its a couple of cases for us, bank accounts are open, savings ready to go, etc etc, its just a case of finding work n getting something sorted when we arrive, then the usual, flat and car etc etc and yeah same as yourself, stick for as long as we can and enjoy it

• 2 weeks later...

thats good!! how do you find the process with the agent?? i see a lot of posts on facebook about how its a waste of money and you still need to do everything yourself etc etc. Our agent has been fantastic and i feel like we've done absolutely nothing apart from pay for it all. Yeah were just waiting for a case officer which we have been told can take a month, then once they ask for police checks and medicals, its a waiting game from there again. I have been quoted upto 3 months in total :(

I honestly feel our agent is worth every penny... We literally give him everything required and he checks it all and makes sure it's all done correctly. Hes answered every email super fast. Given us advice and guidance on things, even situations or hypothetical things....poor bloke must be sick of me sometimes but he has always been patient and respectful ...I'm so so glad we have him. Yes, anyone can fill a form in, but do they do it correctly?... Can anyone be certain they havnt made a minor mistake that could have major consequences.... Can they tell you every possible avenue and loophole?...I really wasn't comfortable putting our dreams in our own hands because it's just too important.

Hi All,

"Greetings"

i am new to this forum,

Can you guys kindly advise me when can i get an invite for the EOI submitted by me.

Points - 65

Date of EOI submission - 23 September 2015 16:09 PM

Profession applied for - Accountant

Last date cut off as per Skillselect 17 february 2016 - 23 September 01.09 AM (for 65 points)

Kindly help me out on the above

Thanks in Advance :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any news from anyone?....

Just got a couple of letters from my consultants to support my medical history for when we go for our meds.

Don't actually think our visa application has gone in yet, agent was waiting for our scanned passports. Presumably the application will go in this week.

Hi Jodipodi, we have had a bit of progress in recent days. We got told we had our case offer and they have requested medicals and police checks. We have done the health questionnaire and have booked our medicals today! Police checks is going to be tonights task. Seems quite soon so far

Hi Jodipodi, we have had a bit of progress in recent days. We got told we had our case offer and they have requested medicals and police checks. We have done the health questionnaire and have booked our medicals today! Police checks is going to be tonights task. Seems quite soon so far

OMFG!!! That's sooooo quick!!! Really chuffed everything is going so smoothly for you!

We are just waiting for a solicitors letter to back up a parental responsibility issue then agent will submit... Wants to be sure it's all going to be sound I guess, I can understand that.

I'm at the solicitors tomorrow so I'm going to push for her to do it asap. I asked weeks ago but my files are that old they've been destroyed... Wish she'd told me that weeks ago though?!

Never mind.

Got two letters from consultants to back up medicals.

Just cannot wait to get it all submitted now!!

So...how long has it took for a CO then?...about 4 weeks?!

• 3 weeks later...
Any news from anyone?....

Just got a couple of letters from my consultants to support my medical history for when we go for our meds.

Don't actually think our visa application has gone in yet, agent was waiting for our scanned passports. Presumably the application will go in this week.

hi jodipodi,

any updates? i applied for my 190 3 months ago now, so i'm hoping to hear very soon. will contact my agent this week for an update.

ps....i started this thread but changed accounts.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Good news.. Our application was lodged on the 8th of Feb. Had a case officer after 4 weeks and was asked for police checks and medicals.. done all that.. a week after the medical was uploaded our visa was granted..

Wooohoooo.. It was granted on tuesday last week.

Sooooo quick.. hope you guys are making good progress

Hi guys,

Good news.. Our application was lodged on the 8th of Feb. Had a case officer after 4 weeks and was asked for police checks and medicals.. done all that.. a week after the medical was uploaded our visa was granted..

Wooohoooo.. It was granted on tuesday last week.

Sooooo quick.. hope you guys are making good progress

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

I'm absolutely over the moon for you... That's fantastic news!!! Omg so exciting!!! I bet your heads going crazy now with things to plan and arrange. All the fun of it though!

Keep us updated with things along the way and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

hahaha thank you very much! i forgot to add in we have already booked out flights and our hire car lol, just in the process of sorting our leaving party!!

as you can imagine I have made the obligatory facebook posts telling family and friends and much like yourself, the reaction has been awsome lol.

We touch down in Perth on the 25th May :D aaahhh

hahaha thank you very much! i forgot to add in we have already booked out flights and our hire car lol, just in the process of sorting our leaving party!!

as you can imagine I have made the obligatory facebook posts telling family and friends and much like yourself, the reaction has been awsome lol.

We touch down in Perth on the 25th May :D aaahhh

Ahhhhhh I'm green with envy!!! Haha... By you move quickly! Why not though eh....quicker you land the quicker you can make a new life in the sun!

Who you flying with? Where to?...what you going to do?...I'm excited for you!

hahaha i know im sorry to rub it in lol.. yeah thats what everyone said, our bags have been packed since christmas lol..

we are going with emirates from Glasgow to Perth via Dubai,

Im a mechanic by trade although Ive been working for a Generator company for the past two years, who fortunatley operate worldwide and have 3 depots in WA alone, with one in Perth! so Ideally im trying to get a position working with the team there! just need to be there now tbh :)

hahaha i know im sorry to rub it in lol.. yeah thats what everyone said, our bags have been packed since christmas lol..

Im a mechanic by trade although Ive been working for a Generator company for the past two years, who fortunatley operate worldwide and have 3 depots in WA alone, with one in Perth! so Ideally im trying to get a position working with the team there! just need to be there now tbh :)

Just telling my hubby your good news....his face is a picture when I said you got nominated around the same time as us and how long it's took til grant....!!

Amazing sounds really positive for you then, bet it'll fall into place! ahhhh I bet you've got allsorts planned!

congrats mate. That was super quick. Keep us posted on how you get on when you arrive etc.

Im still waiting for my decision, but my application was a bit complex regarding my criminal record so I guess that's why mine is taking a little longer. No news is good news my agent tells me.

Fingers crossed any day now tho. Aiming for an August flight if all goes well so it's not paticulary holding me back currently.

• 1 month later...

Archived