Health insurance

aneltia

Hi,

There's a huge range of providers/companies to choose from. Also depends if you have reciprocal cover on medicare ( eg if you're on the NHS in the UK).

What level of cover are you looking for - basic 457 compliant cover, only public or public and private, etc, etc....

We've used www.hif.com.au and BUPA before. but there are loads, medibank private, IMAN.....

If you google "457 compliant health insurance" you'll get some sites that compare the various policies out there.

However, if you want dental and physio, optical cover, you'll have to take "extras cover".

good luck...l

Thanks for your response. I do work for the nhs in the UK, unsure or reciprocal though. I would also need dental and optical cover. I will do a Google search as you suggested. The

Hi,

There's a huge range of providers/companies to choose from. Also depends if you have reciprocal cover on medicare ( eg if you're on the NHS in the UK).

What level of cover are you looking for - basic 457 compliant cover, only public or public and private, etc, etc....

We've used www.hif.com.au and BUPA before. but there are loads, medibank private, IMAN.....

If you google "457 compliant health insurance" you'll get some sites that compare the various policies out there.

However, if you want dental and physio, optical cover, you'll have to take "extras cover".

good luck...l

In Oz, with private health insurance, you'll need to get additional cover for opticals and dentals. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, losts of plans, lots of variations, need to read the fine print.

also with regards extras cover, some companies prefer or restrict you to dentists, optometrists and physios that are affiliated to them. So you'll need to check if the particular town/city you're moving to has those providers. There are no penalties/drawbacks(none that I know of anyway) if u used 2 separate companies, one for your main policy and a different company for your extras.

We currently are with BUPA, but because where we are located BUPA doesn't have that many affiliated dentists, optoms etc, we decided to opt for a different company, one that did not have restrictions on whom we sought treatment from.

Hope this helps.

We moved with kids, so we wanted a policy that was more comprehensive...

In Oz, with private health insurance, you'll need to get additional cover for opticals and dentals....

We currently are with BUPA, but because where we are located BUPA doesn't have that many affiliated dentists, optoms etc, we decided to opt for a different company, one that did not have restrictions on whom we sought treatment from.

It's not compulsory to take extras cover. Also it's never compulsory to use the "affiliated dentists, optoms etc" - you can go to any dentist or optometrist you like. The health fund may offer you some extra benefits if you use their providers, but that's not always worth doing: for instance, I was with HCF and went to their optometrist instead of SpecSavers, thinking it would work out cheaper. In fact it worked out far more expensive!