help !!!!!

Ross 1982

Hi all im looking to move to perth with my wife and to little girls .

I am a 26 year old fully qualified car mechanic with 10 years main dealership experiance and i am looking for the cheepest way to get out there ! we dont own our own home so the quotes we got from agents were quite daunting lol

any advice would be great

Thanks Ross:smile:

I am a 26 year old fully qualified car mechanic with 10 years main dealership experiance and i am looking for the cheepest way to get out there ! we dont own our own home so the quotes we got from agents were quite daunting lol

hi I think you sound fine for visa age & skills wise but not sure if you need to do TRA or vetasses, 1st port of call is immi site will tell you who asseses your skills & info about the process

every thing is available if you want to go it alone (I have) & this site is great people will help where they can but top tip try to be as precise as poss when asking questions, you get a much better response when peop know exactly what your asking

hope this helps

Guest TheHollies

Hi Ross

Not sure if you could go down the sponsorship route?? We are heading for Perth next year, going on a 175 visa, Ian works for the AA and has full qualifications as a mechanic. Hes having to do the Vetassess which is costing around £1000 in total.

Try and speak to a couple of agents who offer free advice to see what your options are.

Good luck with it all!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Ross

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I'm pretty sure that in addition to jonbj5's hubby there is another PiO member who is being sponsored by Mercedes.

The great thing for you is that you have youth on your side, therefore you can afford to take your time over a DIY application in order to save money.

The first thing is to have a look at the skill:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Motor Mechanic 4211-11 - Supervisor 4125-01 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

A skills assessment via VETASSESS would cost $2,200 AUD but even if you do everything else on a shoestrong, it would be WELL worth paying for this, I suggest.

Ideally the visa you would want would be a skilled independent subclass 175 visa. Please see here:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

The visa application fee (on top of the VETASSESS fee) is currently $2.060 but this will rise a bit on 1st July 2008, at the start of the new Australian Financial Year. The Minister has promised that the increase will be modest.

In working out your points total, remember that your skill is on the MODL and so you can claim extra points for that.

The medical examination us usually around £250 per person. Police checks are £35 each. Airfares are whatever you can manage - Royal Brunei are cheap but go via a circuitous route (also a dry ship on board so take your own hip-flask!)

It would be worth getting a 175 visa up-front because it would put you in the strongest position pay-wise once you get out to Oz, I suspect.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Weemac

Hi Ross,

I am off to near (424kms North) Perth in pretty soon...I am going on a 457 visa to work in a multi-franchise garage. They are paying for almost everything (agent,visa, flights etc) ....there is a tie-in period though, which I am happy with...like you I don't own a house...unlike you I am a bit long in the tooth...these factors gave me a nudge in this direction...many on here will tell you to avoid the 457...but for me it really is the way I need to go. What make of car are you working on?? As I know they are looking for certain brand experience and they also have places in Perth itself, both NOR &SOR. If you want to know more then pm me.

Good luck,

Mac

Archived