Any point in taking Aus TVs back to IRE

AlburyAhoy

Hi,

we are moving back to Ireland in a few weeks. Boy is the shipping dearer than the move here! Trying to move the more expensive items back to save money and wondering is there any point in sending TVs as I know they may not work at home. We have one Sony Smart and one TCL digital.

cheers

Hi,

we are moving back to Ireland in a few weeks. Boy is the shipping dearer than the move here! Trying to move the more expensive items back to save money and wondering is there any point in sending TVs as I know they may not work at home. We have one Sony Smart and one TCL digital.

cheers

I very much think, you are paying for a container, so might as well fill it up as much as you can to save money. maybe you should read the manual, or even call Sony, now days, the TV settings are very similar.

even if it doesn't work, yo can use it as a monitor for a freeview or Sky box etc. thats what we did with our UK TV when we brought it with us to Sydney.

When we return we will be taking our TV with us .... we just have to replace the power lead.

we even put an australian adapteron our digital phones and use them here

I very much think, you are paying for a container, so might as well fill it up as much as you can to save money. maybe you should read the manual, or even call Sony, now days, the TV settings are very similar.

even if it doesn't work, yo can use it as a monitor for a freeview or Sky box etc. thats what we did with our UK TV when we brought it with us to Sydney.

When we return we will be taking our TV with us .... we just have to replace the power lead.

we even put an australian adapteron our digital phones and use them here

TV's work fine, we have x2 Samsungs , 1 smart and 1 LED, both Tv's and a PS3 and all connected to a x4 socket aussie smart/surge board, so only one plug to change, i.e the board. both have built in tuners and a 5 minute scan on auto-tune turned up about 200+ channels of well.....190 of.. rubbish.

TV's work fine, we have x2 Samsungs , 1 smart and 1 LED, both Tv's and a PS3 and all connected to a x4 socket aussie smart/surge board, so only one plug to change, i.e the board. both have built in tuners and a 5 minute scan on auto-tune turned up about 200+ channels of well.....190 of.. rubbish.

that's great to know, I have the curved Samsung TV, and was wondering if the free-view would work. I assumed I would have to use it as a monitor.

AlburyAhoy have you considered using a MoveCube instead of part container? I recently used a large one (6 cubic metres approx) to ship from NSW to Derbyshire and it was really reasonable. I brought my little Pendo TV with me (bought in about April or May 2015) and it picked up all the digital channels so easily. Definitely recommend bringing quite a few Aus/UK adaptors and some power boards :-) Good luck with the move!

Archived