Home country police clearance expired

VicViP

Hi PomsInOz-er,

I am planning to be my partner's dependant for Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 in February 2016. One of the requirement is the police clearance certificate from my home country which I spent most of my time growing up there.

I already possessed that certificate: translated and certified copy 1.5 years ago.

BUT issued on July 2014; expired on January 2015.

I have not been back to my home country since 2013, do I need to get another police clearance from my home country again?

I have been searching through some discussions but couldn't find anything specific.

Cheers :wink:

That seems to depend on the co. We had to get new ones for our 485 (twice as we included them with the application, and then they expired as the wait for the 485 was 18 months at the time) but the co we had for our Rsms visa said it was fine as we hadn't left the country (we hadn't before the 485 either).

That seems to depend on the co. We had to get new ones for our 485 (twice as we included them with the application, and then they expired as the wait for the 485 was 18 months at the time) but the co we had for our Rsms visa said it was fine as we hadn't left the country (we hadn't before the 485 either).

wait, so your CO told you that it was not necessary as you had not left Australia since the old police clearance?

Archived