Domestic pet shipping

Mrsfilip

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good pet shippers in Australia? Our cat is heading over from the UK to quarantine in Melbourne with Golden Arrow in May, and then he will need to be taken from Melbourne to meet us in Perth. Anyone have any good suggestions for domestic pet shippers???

Thanks in advance

Guest The Pom Queen

Jet pets or Dogtainers. However, it is probably cheaper for you to fly to Melbourne and pick him up and fly back with Virgin as accompanied baggage. Toll use to do this service on behalf of Virgin but now Virgin do their own pet transportation.

You could fly tiger air to Melbourne for $155. May is currently on sale from Melbourne to Perth in May (20th) for $229 then it will be an extra $75 for the cat. http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/plan/special-needs-assistance/pets/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mrsfilip, If you don't want to fly yourself , a good suggestion by The Pom Queen, then I would recommend JetPets. I've also used Golden Arrow for shipping our dog from the UK (a fantastic experience by the way and involve quite a lengthy board... they were just so lovely and reassuring) and I'm using Jetpets for the internal transfer. I obtained several quotes and Jetpets were not only the most reasonable they were also very responsive and very professional. Good luck with your cat... it will be lovely for you all to be together !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Looks like our pets will be at Mickleham at pretty similar times. I'm an Australian moving back home from the UK and bringing my 3 fur babies with me and they will be in Mickleham in May 2016 :) They are travelling out from the UK with Animal Airlines, I am closest to Manchester Airport so going via Emirates and I've got great confidence in the team ...they have been just brilliant in helping me with everything as have my UK vets.

Just thought I'd say hello and give you my thoughts regarding Domestic travel within Australia as I have also had to make some enquiries about getting my 3 Siberian Huskies when they are released from Mickleham to their new home just over the border into NSW. I have been talking to the people at Pet Express based in Melbourne... not far from Tullamarine Airport and again not far from Mickleham Quarantine ...they have been really helpful, have come in with a very good quote, and I'm confident they will collect and drive my babies safely to their new home. In my dogs case it will be a road trip but I'd recommend give them a call about flights to into Perth. Hope this helps Cheers :)

Good luck with your move to Perth and am sure your cat will be well taken care of on their travels by Jetpets :) I lived in Perth for many years thru my teens 20's after moving there from Victoria with my family. Spent my young years living in many different places in Victoria, was born in Melbourne, and of course have spent the last decade or so in the UK. Looking forward to getting back home with the family in Mulwala /Yarrawonga on the Vic /Nsw border and of course on the Mighty Murray River lol Best of luck and best wishes :smile:

Edited by maryannen

Guest The Pom Queen
Good luck with your move to Perth and am sure your cat will be well taken care of on their travels by Jetpets :) I lived in Perth for many years thru my teens 20's after moving there from Victoria with my family. Spent my young years living in many different places in Victoria, was born in Melbourne, and of course have spent the last decade or so in the UK. Looking forward to getting back home with the family in Mulwala /Yarrawonga on the Vic /Nsw border and of course on the Mighty Murray River lol Best of luck and best wishes :smile:

It sounds like you are looking forward to being back home. Yarrawonga is lovely.

Ty yes I am very much looking forward to being back home with the family and finally introducing my furbabies to everyone :cute: Mulwala is my dad's hometown. We still have family around Mulwala /Yarrawonga /Corowa / Rutherglen. I've spent a lot of time around the area over the years and I do feel very fortunate to be able to move back to that area :)