Guidance for CA PAK moving to Aus.

ravian611

Hello guys, i have recently joined this forum. I have plans to move to Australia after completing CA (PAK). Currently i am at final stage of aforementioned degree and will be able to complete it soon Insha Allah. Once i complete degree, i will be able to apply for PR as i will be meeting the required skill points. My concern, however, is will it be able for me to find a job in Austrlia with CA(PAK) or will i need to do obtain any Australian degree in accounting as well ?

comments from Indian or Pakistani CA will be most welcome. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Edited by CaptainC
Removed External Website

Welcome to the forum.

There are many Accountants from both India and Pakistan here. Hopefully one will come along to answer any specific questions that you have.

I can answer some of your questions briefly in the meantime.

You won't need to complete a degree in Australia providing the qualifications that you have are sufficient to meet the requirements for a migration skills assessment

The job market in Australia is fairly saturated and there is a distinct oversupply of accountants. You may find difficulty landing a job with little or no post qualification experience.

There is the possibility that accountants will be removed from the skilled occupation list in July although this is not certain at this time.

Have you calculated the points that you will be able to claim yet?

Edited by CaptainC

No i haven't claim points formally but other senior colleagues in the field has obtained PR on the same outline so i presume that same will be the case with me. If you can provide me with any official points calculator link or guidance, that would be great.

Thanks

What can i do in this case, as i am not fully qualified yet so I can't apply for assessment as of now. Will have to wait for qualification to meet the criteria. In case Accountants are removed from SOL list, the only way into AUS would be study visa.isn't it. But that toute is quite costly. :/

What can i do in this case, as i am not fully qualified yet so I can't apply for assessment as of now. Will have to wait for qualification to meet the criteria. In case Accountants are removed from SOL list, the only way into AUS would be study visa.isn't it. But that toute is quite costly. :/

That's correct, you can't apply yet. You will have to just wait and see what happens and then assess the options when the time comes.

You can work out your future eligible points and read more about the independent skilled visa here > https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

Guys currently i am pursuing CA - final exams and as of now i have pre qualification experience of 3.5 years as per qualification requirement as follows:

i). 6 months experience as tax assoicate.

ii). 3 years experience as external auditor.

I have following queries:

a). Does assessing bodies consider pre qualification experience for the purpose of points under 189 visa stream ?

b). Which ANZSCO code is most relevant to my experience. I think it's EXTERNAL AUDITOR. Does it mean that my 6 months experience as tax associate will not be counted for point purposes if i select EXTERNAL AUDITOR as occupation ?

c). What if I select Accountant(GENERAL) being relevant ANZSCO code. Will my both experiences be counted then ?

d). Does occupation selected effects the propoect of visa by any means ?

e). As of now, i have two carrer options in short term (in country where i am residing), either to work as tax consultant once again or work as ERP consultant (ERP/ SAP/ ORACLE Implementation). Once again will these both be counted as relevant if i opt ACCOUNTANT (GENERAL) as occupation ?

a. No

b. As pre-qualification experience won't be counted it has no factor what code you choose. Your qualifications will be the determining factor

c. No

d. Yes. Auditor is full under 189 for this year. Accountants currently need 70 points and there is still at least a 2 month backlog.

e. Not sure about ERP consultant but again your experience will only count post qualification.

I hope this info helps....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk