Suburbs for Families

Guest Jolly Owl

Guest Jolly Owl

This is my first post on this great forum.

I'm about to move from the UK to Sydney and wanted some views on which suburbs to look at renting in. I have 2 children aged 9 and 7 so the criteria I'll be basing my search on are:-

1. Good schools

2. Family / Community Atmosphere

3. Good open spaces - either beach or parks

4. About a 20-30 minute commute into the CBD preferably via train but perhaps via car

5. A 4 bed property for between $600 and $900 pw.

If anyone can advise of which suburbs to look at it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Guest EmmaDon

Hello Jolly Owl,

My brother in law and his family are in Warriewood, and love it. They have 2 kids age 4 and nearly 8. They go to school and Kindy and have really settled in well. They are renting at the mo, but don't want to move from the area, so will probably keep renting. My in laws came back from a visit earlier this month and were VERY impressed with all the place had to offer. Might be worth taking a look.

good luck with the move!

Emma x

Guest Curlysoo

Hi Jolly Owl and welcome to PIO ... you will find answers to most of your questions on here.:yes:

Warriewood is one of the northern suburbs of Sydney about 16 miles from CBD .... we have a house in Wattle Grove which is southwest of the CBD and about a 25/30 minute train journey to the CBD. You will find your money goes a lot further out here. Wattle Grove is a purpose built suburb with its own shops and schools and parks and lake!:jiggy:

Guest Josephine0611

Hi There

I have been here for 10 months now and had a very similar criteria to you for our family. My husband works in the city, North Sydney. We have an 11 year old and a 2 year old so had to think of pre school, primary and high school, as my son goes to high school next year. We are in the Hills District. It is a little further out than you want but worth it in my eyes. We're about 30km from the city and it takes about 30-50 mins, depending which way you go. The trains are regular and you also have the city buses. Check out 131500.com.au for trains, buses, and ferries, if you haven't already. Some of the best schools are in the Hills District and it is great for families. Have a look at Cherrybrook (that's where we are), Castle Hill, Dural, Pennant Hills and West Pennant Hills (these are just a few of the suburbs). The Horsby area has the most train stations.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loobyloo

Hi, we are in the Hills District too (Beaumont Hills) and like quoted above is well worth a look. We love it here, especially when the children settled in to primary and high schools soo easily and are happy. And a plus point we have recycled water here, so no hose pipe bans in summer.

Archived