Transferring UK childcare qualifications to AQF

Louise Smith

Hi everybody,

I'm right at the start of my process of gaining a WHV but stuck already! Hopefully some of you out there have had experience with this..

In England I have a Level three and foundation degree in Early Years (childcare) and would love to find either casual or permanent work in this sector when I head over there too but I'm reading that I need to transfer my qualications so that they're recognised in Oz. I'm happy to do that but I've been searching everywhere and every site, even OQU and the AQF official sites, are leading me to dead ends.

Has anybody done this? Or know of who I need to contact to have my qualifications assessed and (hopefully) get them transfered.

Thanks!

Hi everybody,

I'm right at the start of my process of gaining a WHV but stuck already! Hopefully some of you out there have had experience with this..

In England I have a Level three and foundation degree in Early Years (childcare) and would love to find either casual or permanent work in this sector when I head over there too but I'm reading that I need to transfer my qualications so that they're recognised in Oz. I'm happy to do that but I've been searching everywhere and every site, even OQU and the AQF official sites, are leading me to dead ends.

Has anybody done this? Or know of who I need to contact to have my qualifications assessed and (hopefully) get them transfered.

Thanks!

Unlikely you will need to get your qualifations transferred for a working holiday visa. Did you have a chest X-ray for the visa process, which is a requirement if working with children on a WHV.

• 1 month later...
Hi everybody,

Thanks!

Hi Louise,

I went through the ACECAQ website and first of all had my qualifications mapped over to Australian equivalent with AEI-NOOSR You play for each qualification. I had my NVQ level 3 mapped over to an equivalent of certificate 4 and my early childhood degree mapped over to an Australian bachelor degree. Once you have that done, you then apply to ACECQA. With my degree, I was able to get Early Childhood Teacher. It is better do get all this done before moving over. Hope this helps.

Archived