801 Second Stage Partner Visa (Pemenant)

hallie3000

Hi all,

I recently received an e-mail to say that I am eligible to apply for the second stage of my partner Visa (Permenant).

Again I am totally overwhelmed.

I have a few questions

- The 888 Stat decs that I need to get two people to fill out, Can I get the same two people to fill it out as last time round or do I need two people that haven't done it?

- What do I need to include in my applicant? Photos? Bills etc

- My Passport runs out in August. Once my PR comes through, how do I get that transferred over to my new passport?

I've heard that the second stage is no where near as bad as the first stage.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Hayley

Hi all,

I recently received an e-mail to say that I am eligible to apply for the second stage of my partner Visa (Permenant).

Again I am totally overwhelmed.

I have a few questions

- The 888 Stat decs that I need to get two people to fill out, Can I get the same two people to fill it out as last time round or do I need two people that haven't done it?

- What do I need to include in my applicant? Photos? Bills etc

- My Passport runs out in August. Once my PR comes through, how do I get that transferred over to my new passport?

I've heard that the second stage is no where near as bad as the first stage.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Hayley

Afaik it can be the same two. Its to vouch you are still a couple, they know you personally etc.

You need to send more supporting evidence. Not photos etc though. Proper evidence that you are living together as de facto. So bills to both or one of you at the same address, both named on the car insurance, rental in both your names etc. Also DL would be good. Its to show you are still a couple, sharing the same address etc. You need to show proof from the past couple of years though.

You would apply for a new passport from your home country and then fill out the form once its back. The visa will then be linked to your new passport.

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-can-i-update-my-address-or-passport-details

The second stage is a formality really. So long as you are a couple still, can prove this with evidence from the past couple of years and have the stat decs and I think your own supporting statements again (can't remember if this is on the list or not) it should be straightforward.

Here is the list for the evidence to give you some idea. Its just more of the same from when you applied at the beginning. Common sense stuff and hopefully saved somewhere to upload.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-/Partner-visa-(subclasses-820-and-801)-document-checklist

You don't need to do medical again.

ETA - I remeber you from back when you applied. Glad to see you are able to get PR now. Hope you are enjoying Adelaide. Been a bit warm here the past few days :)

Thanks So much Snifter. You have been a massive help to me this time round and certainly through the first stage as well. Are you from Adelaide too? The heat is lovely but only in small doses.

One more thing, It says my eligibility date is from the 22nd Jan. We will obviously lodge it after that but how much time after the eligibility date do we have?

Thanks So much Snifter. You have been a massive help to me this time round and certainly through the first stage as well. Are you from Adelaide too? The heat is lovely but only in small doses.

One more thing, It says my eligibility date is from the 22nd Jan. We will obviously lodge it after that but how much time after the eligibility date do we have?

I became eligible in June. I rang and asked the same question as I was going home for 3 months. I was told there was no cut off time as such, as long as I didn't leave it too long. He actually said 10 years and laughed!

I was admitted to hospital just after we got back and was poorly for a while and couldn't be arsed with it, so I'm just doing it now!

Sounds about right. There isn't a timeframe per se but its not adviseable to leave it too long. No point being temp when PR is there waiting.

I'd get all your supporting evidence ready to go and add to it as it comes in (you know, a new bill in Dec to you both, stick it on the visa pile) and then upload it all as soon as possible after the date ticks round. You can get your stat decs done a bit before (can't remember how long they are valid for) and be organised and good to go.

And yes, in Adelaide also. Been here over 2 years now and very happy and settled.

Good luck with it all, I'm sure it will be fine :)

Archived