WHV question

flatpack

I have a friend who has just arrived on a WHV and has just turned 30. She has been told if she does her 3months regional work and applies for a 2nd year visa it would enable her to extend her stay.

My query is, if her 1st year visa is still running when she turns 31 how can she activate the 2nd year visa? Would it just continue for a further year, even though she would be past her 31st birthday.

Thanks

I have a friend who has just arrived on a WHV and has just turned 30. She has been told if she does her 3months regional work and applies for a 2nd year visa it would enable her to extend her stay.

My query is, if her 1st year visa is still running when she turns 31 how can she activate the 2nd year visa? Would it just continue for a further year, even though she would be past her 31st birthday.

Thanks

As far as I know it's the same visa. So this would have been granted in time, the 2nd year visa is merely an extension of the first one so it would be ok.