Points for Degree

NorthumbrianDavid

I'm currently claiming 10 points (Australian Diploma or Trade qualifications) for my diploma in Computing and it has been recognised by ACS at that level. But I don't think that my 60 points will be enough in the EOI to get a 189 invite. So - I also have a diploma in Creative Writing and English literature and could do a couple of courses to top-up the two diplomas to a degree. In a nutshell - I need to know if a BA/BSc degree will get me the 15 points or if I will need to do an extra course and get the BA/BSc degree with honours. I anticipate that the final grading for the degree will be on the lower side.... Thanks

I'm currently claiming 10 points (Australian Diploma or Trade qualifications) for my diploma in Computing and it has been recognised by ACS at that level. But I don't think that my 60 points will be enough in the EOI to get a 189 invite. So - I also have a diploma in Creative Writing and English literature and could do a couple of courses to top-up the two diplomas to a degree. In a nutshell - I need to know if a BA/BSc degree will get me the 15 points or if I will need to do an extra course and get the BA/BSc degree with honours. I anticipate that the final grading for the degree will be on the lower side.... Thanks

Hi,

Have you looked into the 190 visa? You will get 5 points from the state and you and your family will get PR.

Joy

Thanks Joy - I'll take a look into the ins and outs of that visa. We didn't want to pin ourselves down to a state when we started this process, but the goalposts have been moved so many times on us that we may have no other choice.

Hi,

Bear in mind that it is as moral obligation (not a legal obligation) to live in the sponsoring state for the first two years of your 190 visa.

You will find that some states claim on their website that you MUST live there, but it is not a condition of a granted 190 visa. They are issued with nil conditions.

Joy

Archived