Timescale for bridging b visa grant on a partner 820

juliew1499

My daughter and her husband have today lodged their onshore 820 partner visa but they both need to travel outside of Australia in December. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the bridging b type visa granted, apparently it cannot be done online. My daughter is Oz citizen, husband is Colombian.

My daughter and her husband have today lodged their onshore 820 partner visa but they both need to travel outside of Australia in December. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the bridging b type visa granted, apparently it cannot be done online. My daughter is Oz citizen, husband is Colombian.

The application is the husbands. Your daughter is the sponsor. As an Aus citizen she does not need any kind of visa.

What is the visa the applicant is on currently and when did he enter Aus on this?

A bridging visa will kick in when the current visa expires is my understanding of it.

Snifter is right.

We would need to know what visa your son in law holds, and when it expires, as he remains on this visa until either it expires (at which time he goes onto a Bridging Visa A, associated with the lodged 820) OR a decision is made on the 820 application.

If he is on a Bridging Visa A and wants to travel, he does need to apply for a Bridging Visa B.

Joy

Archived