2 dogs back to the uk

Brumbles

I will be taking our 2 dogs back from sydney to heathrow. I have looked at the Qantas website who have an excellent document which looks like it clearly lays out the requirements of paperwork and vaccinations required. Has anyone else experience of arranging this themselves as it does appear a lot cheaper than using an agent.

We Took two dogs back,As you say there is not much difference doing it yourself.We just got a private baggage handler, who's his friend who is a dedicated vet to do it all.The vet even came out to our house an did all the Jabs,picked them up to go to the airport the day before we left.And When we arrived at Heathrow we just went and picked them up. The Baggage Handler i got Recamended Thai Airways, the most direct and Cheapest. It cost us ALL UP $3300 for two mini foxes,Not A hitch. We went From Queensland.I still have the Way bill from Thai Air and the fare for two dog crates was $1000. So really with the Heathrow Charges All in $3300 was cheap. Dogtainers was double that.

• 1 month later...

You may find that you are able to arrange this yourself but if not you will need to use a professional pet shipper. There is a fabulous Australian company called Dogtainers, as mentioned above they may come back a little more expensive but it is certainly worth it should you have any problems with the flights or paperwork etc.

Good luck with the move!

Archived