Food in luggage

Guest stury01

Guest stury01

Does anyone know what food stuffs if any you can put in your luggage,

for example Tea, Coffee etc :?: we are leaving on the 15th Nov :D so not much time to find out :? :wink:

Thanks Steve & Ruth

Guest austibeach

I'm not entirely sure why you would want to be taking tea or coffee, as I'm sure you are aware you can buy the same when you arrive. However, the usual rule of thumb is that as long as the items are in sealed containers. i.e., unopened packets, they will usually allow them.....but you will likely be asked if you are carrying foodstuffs.....so be prepared for their confiscation, as they are not keen on allowing food in thorugh customs.

Eric.

Guest stury01

Thanks for the reply Eric, it is that we land in oz at 6-50am and are being met at the airport and taken straight to our rental house,so will want to brew & crash for an hour or so.

Steve & Ruth

I'd advise you to carry whatever you bring in your hand luggage. It's much easier for customs to go through that, if they choose too, rather than them empty your carefully packed suitcases. I've seen them just tip the lot out, and leave you with a pile of crumpled clothes everywhere :roll:

Alternative is to ask whoever is meeting you to purchase these things (fresh milk?) for you, or stop via a deli (usually open from 6am) on the way.

Best wishes,

Koala

Does anyone know what food stuffs if any you can put in your luggage,

for example Tea, Coffee etc :?: we are leaving on the 15th Nov :D so not much time to find out :? :wink:

Thanks Steve & Ruth

Dry goods (excepts seeds and nuts) generally go through ook if in sealed packs. Meat, dairy, fruit is generally a non-no.

Recommendation... declare everything!... even sweeties...

They will x-ray your baggage I know...

Fraser..

(Reformed bassets jelly-baby smuggler!)

Archived