CNC Machinist - Aerospace & Precision Engineering

Sjbray76

Dear All

I was wondering if any could assist me, my husband and I are moving to Brisbane early next year (we have been granted our PR189 Visa) and we are just starting to gauge work in the Brisbane Area. Please see below some of his experience and I was wondering if there was any lovely people out there that could point us in the right direction.

Present Position

• Manufacturing precision parts for Boeing 787 Dreamliner as well as Learjet and Bombardier projects.
  • NPI - New Part Introduction, right from customer drawing to finished product, incorporating fixture design, manufacturing processes, tooling requirements and quality procedures.

• Manufacturing Improvement techniques and future supervisory role

• 5 Axis Cnc Milling on DMU with Heidenhain TNC 530 Control producing complex parts with very tight tolerances for the Aerospace industry

• Program, set and operate 14 Axis Sliding Head Lathe

• Program, set and operate Mori Seiki NMV5000 Mill/Turn Machining Centre
  • Tool analysis and cost saving exercises and machine utilisation

Previous Position

• CNC Milling, program, set and operate Mikron and Huron high speed milling machines and Richmond machining centres
  • CAM, NCG Machining Strategist V3-V6 programming package for milling machines

• 4 Axis Cnc Milling using Fanuc control on a variety of machines from Dah Li, Haas to Mori Seiki.

Thanks All.... Best wishes

Sarah & Matt

Just wanted to say good luck. My OH is in the same line of work. We ended up in WA as the work situation was better, this was 5 years ago though. Get Google Maps up and call up all Machine Shops in the area and send in his CV whether they are advertising positions or not. Don't also rule out door knocking when you get there as in that line of work it's pretty normal.

Just wanted to say good luck. My OH is in the same line of work. We ended up in WA as the work situation was better, this was 5 years ago though. Get Google Maps up and call up all Machine Shops in the area and send in his CV whether they are advertising positions or not. Don't also rule out door knocking when you get there as in that line of work it's pretty normal.

This is brilliant feedback and just want I wanted to hear. This is exactly what we have been doing so I'm pleased that we are doing something right and we just need to get started emailing everyone about "how brilliant of an engineer he is". But there's nothing like knocking on door to gauge any interest. thank you so much for your response and I hope that you and your OH are well.

Best wishes

Sarah

Archived