Losing points in January due to age, should I apply for a family sponsored 489 too?

Robwilliams1983

I submitted my EOI on the 7th of October for a 189 visa with 60 points as a carpenter. However I will be turning 33 in January and therefore, I will be losing 5 points due to my age and will then be unable to apply for a 189 visa.

Will I get an invite before the 19th of January or should I also apply for a 489 visa with 70 points just incase?

look forward to your advice

I submitted my EOI on the 7th of October for a 189 visa with 60 points as a carpenter. However I will be turning 33 in January and therefore, I will be losing 5 points due to my age and will then be unable to apply for a 189 visa.

Will I get an invite before the 19th of January or should I also apply for a 489 visa with 70 points just incase?

look forward to your advice

I should think you have a decent chance of invitation before January, when in January though? I would sit tight, see what happens, then think about the 489 only if you lose the points. It is a far lesser visa, so I wouldn't rush into it.

^ What Bungo said... ^

Also, I would double/triple/quadruple(!) check that everything you have entered into the EOI is 100% correct.

You don't want to be in a situation where you receive an invite in a couple of weeks time, then realise you've made a mistake, then have to wait 60 days for the EOI to expire so that you can wait for a 2nd invite.

Archived