Buying a property in Northern Ireland from Australia

AJ235

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone would be able to help or advise me where to look...my mum is looking to buy a house in Northern Ireland but she wouldn't be able to get a mortgage. She would need a mortgage for about 20,000 GBP after putting the rest down as cash (The purchase property of the house would be about 90000 GBP). I would love to help in in some way and I'm wondering if I would be able to get a mortgage for that amount to buy the property. The property is in Northern Ireland and I am a permanent resident with a stable job in Australia. Is this possible?

Google searches is very confusing for buying overseas!

Many thanks in advance,

AJ

When I had to buy my (ex)brother out of his share of my Dad's house, the minimum I could borrow was £50k. It may depend on the lender though I suppose. My mortgage is with the Woolwich. No idea how it would work from Oz. Could you get a personal loan seeing as it is £20k? I'm sure somebody will be along soon, with more of a clue than me......

Forgot to add - it is a BTL mortgage - the house is up in north Wales (Cymru am byth for tomorrow, and go Oz! too).

Archived