Two questions about case officer and health examination

NonSleeper

I submitted my application for 190 visa a few days ago, got it paid, and was granted bridging visa. So it seems to be on track. I also upload most required documents; the only missing piece for now is evidence of birth or age but it will be done soon and doesn't sound like a big issue.

I have two questions as follows

- I haven't heard from a case officer. When should I expect to hear from one? Is there possibility that decision is made without communication with case officers?

- On the application page there's a button "Get health details". When clicked it writes: "This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application", and "Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused." I did the last health examination when applying for 457 visa last year and it has not exceed 12 months.

So will the examination with 457 visa be used for this time and they will match the profile later?

Or are these two health checks unrelated and I will need another examination for 190 visa? If so, should I wait for a case officer before going ahead?

Any hint is appreciated :yes:

If you've provided everything needed to process your application, including police checks and medicals, then you may not hear from your CO until your visa is finalised. Otherwise they'd contact you only if the need something.

Your 457 medicals won't be good enough as that's typically just a chest x-ray. The 190 medical will include the chest x-ray plus blood and urine tests and a general/brief medical check. You can get the medicals done now if you'd like to avoid the delay of your CO contacting you and then waiting for your medical appointment. The main advantage in waiting is that your Must Enter By date will be 12 months from the expiry of your police and medical checks, whichever is earlier.

Archived