Whv self employed query for 2nd year visa...

Strawberryfields

Aloha fellow pommys!!

i have a question and I just can't find the answer even after weeks of searching!

Arrived in oz nearly 3 months ago. Have been staying in the south west. Iv been doing woofing but the woofing rules have changed half way through it. I'm also a qualified decorator from the uk and have been doing cheeky little cash jobs here an there for local people, in a 'rural postcode'. Word of mouth gets aroud quickly in small towns and I literally have a few months of work if I want it...

question is... If I apply or an ABN and put these jobs through the books and pay tax, can I somehow use these working hours towards my second year visa? I'm in a rural postcode and painting comes under residential construction which is allowed for 2whv, but can I do this on a self employed basis?? It would be really really helpful if I can. But I printed an evidence from the other day and there is nowhere to put self employed work, only an employers abn etc.

If anyone knows the answer please help, I already know I don't wanna go 'home' anytime soon and I really don't wanna be stuck picking fruit in scorching heat 10 hrs a day as a last min bid!!

thanks in advance!

Sammi

Archived