6 month work limitation queries...

LucyPom

hi :) Thanks for any help and advice in advance!

I started working for a fast food chain in July, the last month of my 1st year whv. I've carried on working there into my second year and understand that the 6 months would be up 6 months after the beginning of my second whv.

I'm looking to extend the 6 months and have found the form online. The only exception I may fit into is:

"remaining in your current job while a decision is being made on an application for a visa which would allow you to continue full-time work with your employer without leaving Australia, such as an application for a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa or a Spouse visa." - as I'm in a de facto relationship which was declared on my second whv application.

Does this mean that I have to have already applied for a spouse visa or that I would meet the exception because I am looking to put in an application before the end of my second year? :wacko:

I know that my chances of getting it extended are slim, it would just save a lot of job hunting hassle and disruption when gathering our evidence for a spouse visa...

If anyone has any experience of this and could shed some light on it I would be so grateful! :notworthy:

Thanks

Lucy

Archived