Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About LucyPom

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. hi Thanks for any help and advice in advance! I started working for a fast food chain in July, the last month of my 1st year whv. I've carried on working there into my second year and understand that the 6 months would be up 6 months after the beginning of my second whv. I'm looking to extend the 6 months and have found the form online. The only exception I may fit into is: "remaining in your current job while a decision is being made on an application for a visa which would allow you to continue full-time work with your employer without leaving Australia, such as an application for a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa or a Spouse visa." - as I'm in a de facto relationship which was declared on my second whv application. Does this mean that I have to have already applied for a spouse visa or that I would meet the exception because I am looking to put in an application before the end of my second year? :wacko: I know that my chances of getting it extended are slim, it would just save a lot of job hunting hassle and disruption when gathering our evidence for a spouse visa... If anyone has any experience of this and could shed some light on it I would be so grateful! :notworthy: Thanks Lucy
  2. Hi ! Ive been in Australia on a working holiday visa for a few months. I hold a full Uk license that I got in August last year. Ive read a lot of information online about driving on my uk license and figured that I can as long as my visa is temporary (so happy days on a whv) my question is, as I'm only 18 and have only had my license less than a year, do I need P plates? I've kindly been offered the use of a car I just want to be doing things by the book. Thanks in advance for any help - it would be appreciated. Confused!