Visiting visa doubt

princesammy

Hello everyone,

I applied for 487 family sponsorship visa in 2009.i waited so long on bridging visa.i got married last year so to get my partner i need a proper substantial visa, so i decided to go with ENS RSMS DIRECT included my wife too as secondary applicant.

My 487 and 187RSMS BOTH cases opened in july this year and i have been granted 487 family sponsorship 4 days back.

So now i am having substantial visa to invite my partner on visiting visa..but i already applied RSMS AND included my wife too in it. May be we hear in a month or two not sure with it.

Now is it possible to get my wife on visiting visa, while we waiting for our RSMS . if she come on visiting visa, once RSMS approved does she have to go overseas immiediately for get her PR grant. Or she can stay with me till she finish her visiting visa then go out of australia and come back in ?

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

I applied for 487 family sponsorship visa in 2009.i waited so long on bridging visa.i got married last year so to get my partner i need a proper substantial visa, so i decided to go with ENS RSMS DIRECT included my wife too as secondary applicant.

My 487 and 187RSMS BOTH cases opened in july this year and i have been granted 487 family sponsorship 4 days back.

So now i am having substantial visa to invite my partner on visiting visa..but i already applied RSMS AND included my wife too in it. May be we hear in a month or two not sure with it.

Now is it possible to get my wife on visiting visa, while we waiting for our RSMS . if she come on visiting visa, once RSMS approved does she have to go overseas immiediately for get her PR grant. Or she can stay with me till she finish her visiting visa then go out of australia and come back in ?

Thanks in advance

I don't understand why your wife was not on the 487 visa application? I trust you did declare her and she did medicals, so why would you not include her on the application.

Also did you take advice before lodging the 187 visa, you were onshore when you did this right? But if you were in a bridging visa then there are often restrictions on lodging another visa whilst onshore. So this visa application could be void. I would bow to the superior knowledge of a reputable RMA of course.

I don't understand why your wife was not on the 487 visa application? I trust you did declare her and she did medicals, so why would you not include her on the application.

Also did you take advice before lodging the 187 visa, you were onshore when you did this right? But if you were in a bridging visa then there are often restrictions on lodging another visa whilst onshore. So this visa application could be void. I would bow to the superior knowledge of a reputable RMA of course.

Actually when i lodged 487 i am single...and later on i applied 187 aling with my wife thinking 487 will take more time to open.and expecting my 187 will approve first...thats why didnt add my wife in 487.....and i was on bridging when i lodged 187.

I called immi and they said i can get my wife on visit visa and meanwhile if i get rsms she will get it aswell no need to go out of australia...so i am clear now..

Thanks for your response :)

Cheers

Actually when i lodged 487 i am single...and later on i applied 187 aling with my wife thinking 487 will take more time to open.and expecting my 187 will approve first...thats why didnt add my wife in 487.....and i was on bridging when i lodged 187.

I called immi and they said i can get my wife on visit visa and meanwhile if i get rsms she will get it aswell no need to go out of australia...so i am clear now..

Thanks for your response :)

Cheers

I think you are a long way from being clear. You didn't declare your wife on the 487 application? This is a huge change of circumstances that you needed to disclose.

Getting her a visitor visa is really the least of your problems now. You need professional assistance and I am afraid that your 487 is at risk of cancellation when your failure to disclose a spouse is uncovered.

Please talk to a registered migration agent before you approach immigration with this situation. I believe what you have been told by them is missing the point, but the people that answer the phones do not have a good grasp on rules.

I think you are a long way from being clear. You didn't declare your wife on the 487 application? This is a huge change of circumstances that you needed to disclose.

Getting her a visitor visa is really the least of your problems now. You need professional assistance and I am afraid that your 487 is at risk of cancellation when your failure to disclose a spouse is uncovered.

Please talk to a registered migration agent before you approach immigration with this situation. I believe what you have been told by them is missing the point, but the people that answer the phones do not have a good grasp on rules.

I did fill the form and mentioned i am married ...thats why they granted me visa.

I am trying to say is ...i did not add extra application for spouse on 487

I did fill the form and mentioned i am married ...thats why they granted me visa.

I am trying to say is ...i did not add extra application for spouse on 487

Well I did ask if you notified them and your response suggested that you had only mentioned her on the 187 application.

Very pleased to hear that this is not the case, however when she went for medicals, did you not think maybe it would be a good idea to add her onto the application? It would have made life a lot easier and now you would both have visas.

And they did not grant you a 487 visa because you said you were married! That is not the criteria for that visa.

Archived