Invitation Rounds

Valerie

Thanks everyone for making this forum worthwhile.

I saw CaptainC commenting on invitation rounds, my partners' profession is in the list of pro rata occupation (261312).old fro

Does that mean if he scores 60points then we'll have a long wait? I've seen in some forums where some have been on hold from April 2015 yet on this forum some got invited in September from May.

This is confusing, we started the process in April and awaiting English test results before submitting EOI. So lets see if i get this straight;

1. If we score 60 - wait up to 4months for invite

2. If we score 70 - wait for about a month or less depending on submission time

3. When we do get the invite and lodge application - 3-8months of waiting.

Patience is all i need!!:cool:

Hi Valerie,

(All the below is assuming that you are applying for 189 visa)

On the 2613XX codes it is a very long wait for those with 60 points. The latest invitation for a 60 pointer in the August round was an EOI submitted on 2nd April 2015, which means nobody with 60 points (in the 2613XX occupation group) was invited with submission dates later than 2nd April.

People with 65 points or over will have been invited regardless of when they submitted their EOI.

So to answer your questions

1. Can be longer or shorter than that, but based on current trends it is just over 4 months.

2. You'll get an invite on the next available invitation round (practically guaranteed)

3. Unlikely to take much over 3 months (more often it is less than that) providing that all of the paperwork is in order, complete and correct.

Hi Valerie, (All the below is assuming that you are applying for 189 visa) On the 2613XX codes it is a very long wait for those with 60 points. The latest invitation for a 60 pointer in the August round was an EOI submitted on 2nd April 2015, which means nobody with 60 points (in the 2613XX occupation group) was invited with submission dates later than 2nd April. People with 65 points or over will have been invited regardless of when they submitted their EOI. So to answer your questions 1. Can be longer or shorter than that, but based on current trends it is just over 4 months. 2. You'll get an invite on the next available invitation round (practically guaranteed) 3. Unlikely to take much over 3 months (more often it is less than that) providing that all of the paperwork is in order, complete and correct.
Fingers crossed!!

And yes it's 189 visa

Haven't seen the data for the September round yet, I hope it will be out by next week. We'll be able to get a better idea after it's out.

For a quick invite it would be best if you could get another 5 or 10 points from somewhere. Do you think it's possible? IELTS or PTE-A maybe?

Haven't seen the data for the September round yet, I hope it will be out by next week. We'll be able to get a better idea after it's out.

For a quick invite it would be best if you could get another 5 or 10 points from somewhere. Do you think it's possible? IELTS or PTE-A maybe?

Working on that....sitting for PTE-A on the 25th September, targeting 80% in all hence 20points then we'll be at 70points (Praying soo hard for this)

Will update as events unfold

CaptainC - sorry to jump on this thread. This is just out of interest as we are right at the beginning of the process but we would be looking at applying for the 189 I am a nurse and hoping will have 65-75 points - IELTS depending. Fingers crossed it will be 75 points. Is there a particular time of year to submit an EOI for nurses to get a quicker invitation and what is the waiting time frame? Thank you in advanced. Sam x

CaptainC - sorry to jump on this thread. This is just out of interest as we are right at the beginning of the process but we would be looking at applying for the 189 I am a nurse and hoping will have 65-75 points - IELTS depending. Fingers crossed it will be 75 points. Is there a particular time of year to submit an EOI for nurses to get a quicker invitation and what is the waiting time frame? Thank you in advanced. Sam x

No problem. If you were to have 65+ points and you submitted the day before an invitation round, you'll get an invitation the next day. Guaranteed!

Is there invitation rounds each month on a certain day? Sorry if I'm sounding thick! Lol

Haha!! You're not thick, everyone has to start somewhere!

At the moment the invitation rounds are at midnight (AEST) on the first Monday of every month. That's 3pm (BST) on the Sunday in the UK.

Next one is Monday 5th Oct (I think)

The confirmed date will be published on the DIBP website within the next week or so.

Wow! You knowledge is great thank you! I'm a bit gutted at having to re sit my IELTS but from what I hear native speaking English people don't always pass first time! And as I nurse I only really have the IELTS as an option. It's already a tough process and we haven't really started yet! Lol.

Wow! You knowledge is great thank you! I'm a bit gutted at having to re sit my IELTS but from what I hear native speaking English people don't always pass first time! And as I nurse I only really have the IELTS as an option. It's already a tough process and we haven't really started yet! Lol.

You only need IELTS general for the visa application. Totally separate to the ANMAC assessment.

Some people have had more success with PTE (Pearson Test of English) and the results are available within two days rather than two weeks with IELTS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello captain c I' m new to this thread just wanted to know that I have applied EOI under 189 visa for CHEF @ 29/09/2015 And my score is 60 points , I was not invited in the 9th October 2015 round can you please help me by just according to you by when I can expect an invitation

Archived