2nd job on a 457 ?

thelaurakate

Hi have been offered a second job which I really want to take... trouble is im (hopefully) at the tale end of my PR application. Work nomination was approved July 2015 so just waiting now but I guess technically im still on a 457 until it comes through. I read that you cant take a second job on a 457- does any one have any experience with this? thank you

Hi have been offered a second job which I really want to take... trouble is im (hopefully) at the tale end of my PR application. Work nomination was approved July 2015 so just waiting now but I guess technically im still on a 457 until it comes through. I read that you cant take a second job on a 457- does any one have any experience with this? thank you

Correct you can't until your PR comes.

bugger... its such a good opportunity. gutted. how can wanting to work a second job be a bad thing? so annoying. thanks though

It isnt a bad thing. But the 457 holder was brought in to work on a very specific role that apparently could not be filled with a local candidate. Accordingly, they should not be taking other jobs that perhaps there are local candidates.

Archived