idea of cost, my head is about to explode!

harl113

Family of 5 here on a PR 189 but I have to warn you... £16k minimum doing it as cheaply as possible.

Something to be wary of... If you are out in Aus on a temp visa and return to the UK when that visa expires then your children will not be entitled to student finance etc... Im not 100% on what your children will be classified as but it will have a major impact on them if they want to go to university.

Also if your children are step-children you will need permission from their father or permission from a court.

Thanks Marisawhite, gonna keep all my little things I my relatives home in UK just in case.... Jac2011 what about a PR visa, say it doesn't work out after a year or two and we decide oz is not for us does can our children just go back to school here in UK?

what about a PR visa, say it doesn't work out after a year or two and we decide oz is not for us does can our children just go back to school here in UK?

Your children's entitlement to UK education has nothing to do with what kind of Australian visa you have - it depends on whether they are resident or non-resident in the UK before enrolment, and how long they've been away.

If you go on any visa it will have an impact if you stay in Oz too long. My thoughts for you are say you stay 3 years for example, and then your employer cancels your temp visa or the job is not for you (happens a lot on this forum) and you have 90 days to find a new sponsor or leave Oz (a choice which can be taken out of your hands) then imagine having to return to the UK and then finding your children can't get funding or a resident's entry to university.

I am not sure the in's and out's of it but I would call a UK university and ask for the admissions department and ask them a few questions about the implications of living in Oz for a few years and returning with university aged children. At a guess, I think your children need to be resident in the UK for 3 years to gain access to student loans and a domestic entry place but I could be wrong.

Archived