Next North Lakes get together?

Alannah

Hi,

I'm Alannah, 30, originally from Manchester, and after a year in Melbourne moved up to Queensland with my partner David who is Aussie. We've been in Mango Hill for a couple of months now and are keen to start meeting people. We don't have kids at the moment but I'm pregnant with our first at the moment so keen to meet both couples and young families over the coming months.

I've picked up that there is a North Lakes get together every few months but was wondering when and where the next one is so that hopefully we can come along?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Alannah & David

Welcome! And congratulations on the soon-to-be bub. There are a number of recently arrived migrants in both North Lakes and Mango Hill.

Bob & I do the 3-monthly get-togethers at North Lakes and the next will be Saturday 10th October at the Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard (at the roundabout), North Lakes. From 2pm til you have to go. BYO food, drinks, chairs, etc.

PM me if you have specifics. Details should be in the Calendar section by tomorrow (I've just listed it but it needs Mod approval first).

Pat

• 2 months later...

Hello Alannah and David

How are you settling in?

Next get-together will be Saturday 19 December at Sutton's Beach (just south of Redcliffe) from 6.30am (if you want a bbq breakfast on the beach) until you have to go, although we usually do them from 2pm. BYO food, drinks, etc. Just come and chat.

Then back to the Aurora Boulevard Park, North Lakes, on Saturday 30 January, from 2pm. Again BYO food, drinks, etc.

Be pleased to see you.

Pat

• 1 month later...

Get together this Saturday - 30 Jan - at the Aurora Boulevard Park, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes, from 2pm til you have to go. BYO food, drinks, etc. You'd be very welcome! Just be prepared for a rotten hot day - about 34C - but because it's quite open at the park a breeze nearly always comes across from the playing fields alongside. And we aim to go for some shade.

Be lovely if you can come.

Pat

• 1 month later...

Is there any of these get togethers coming up soon? we are new to north Lakes and looking to meet some new people,

Get together this Saturday - 30 Jan - at the Aurora Boulevard Park, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes, from 2pm til you have to go. BYO food, drinks, etc. You'd be very welcome! Just be prepared for a rotten hot day - about 34C - but because it's quite open at the park a breeze nearly always comes across from the playing fields alongside. And we aim to go for some shade.

Be lovely if you can come.

Pat

Certainly are, Olwyn! And Welcome to North Lakes! (How many constitute the 'we'?)

Next get-together will be Saturday 2 April, from 2pm 'til you have to go, at Aurora Boulevard Park, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes. BYO food, drinks, etc (free bbqs available). Usually about 12-16 families/couples come along (with/without children) that have been here from a couple of months to about 2 years, so they're all looking to learn how the 'system' works, make new friends and networks, have a laugh and feel that they're not the only people struggling in the first year or 3.

If I can answer any questions before 2/4, please PM me and I'll do my best.

If it's any help, this awful humidity should ease by mid-March or end-March at latest. Then we're into the brilliant 7-8 months of 'autumn', 'winter' and 'spring' (not that you'll notice much change in the weather - you need to be further south to register seasons).

Hope to meet you soon. Pat

• 6 months later...

Hello Olwyn

Next get-together will be next Saturday - 17th Sept - at Aurora Boulevard Park, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes, from 2pm (although OH & I are likely to be there earlier to grab a spot) until you have to go. BYO food, drinks, etc. Free electric bbqs available if you want to use them. You'd be very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Dec 2016 and Jan 2017 dates now arranged.

Saturday 17 Dec 2016 at Moora Park, Shorncliffe. From 6.30am (in time for a bbq breakfast!) for the rest of the day or come & go as you have time. BYO food, drinks, chairs, etc.

Saturday 14 Jan 2017 at Aurora Boulevard Park, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes, from 2pm til you have to go. BYO food, drinks, etc.

• 1 year later...