189 Visa - Request for further info

martyanderson

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone here can help and rest my mind; I applied on 6th July and received an email from immigration on 3rd Sept requesting evidence for casual/part-time employment I had in 03-05. Unfortunately I have no evidence as this was cash-in-hand kind of work when I was still at school, it was in a small retail store that didn't do things too formally. The business ceased trading in 2012, I can provide evidence of this through Companies House. I have absolutely no contact details for the employer since.

I have provided evidence for 9+ years employment experience that has been acknowledged in an email from DIBP. I have claimed for 8+ years in my application. Can anybody advise what action I could take at this stage? My thoughts were to email my case officer/team stating that the business has ceased trading, I have no documentation or evidence and no contact details for the owner/management but I am concerned that this will not satisfy their requirements. I'd appreciate any support or advice, starting to stress more and more!

Thanks,

Marty

I expect this is a misunderstanding of some sort, I can think of no reason why a case officer would need evidence of part time work whilst you were at school over ten years ago. Having said that, you have probably partly caused the confusion by even mentioning it. I would have left it off completely.

I think maybe you need to go back and point out that it is not relevant work experience as it was a part time job whilst you were at school. Presumably you have evidence of the full time work experience covering the years claimed as points?

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone here can help and rest my mind; I applied on 6th July and received an email from immigration on 3rd Sept requesting evidence for casual/part-time employment I had in 03-05. Unfortunately I have no evidence as this was cash-in-hand kind of work when I was still at school, it was in a small retail store that didn't do things too formally. The business ceased trading in 2012, I can provide evidence of this through Companies House. I have absolutely no contact details for the employer since.

I have provided evidence for 9+ years employment experience that has been acknowledged in an email from DIBP. I have claimed for 8+ years in my application. Can anybody advise what action I could take at this stage? My thoughts were to email my case officer/team stating that the business has ceased trading, I have no documentation or evidence and no contact details for the owner/management but I am concerned that this will not satisfy their requirements. I'd appreciate any support or advice, starting to stress more and more!

Thanks,

Marty

Ohh...not sure why they'd ask for that but it should be easily resolved with a discussion. Let them know that it was a part time role while studying and you have no formal payslips or evidence. Avoid telling them it was cash in hand as it's a form of tax avoidance and it may reflect poorly on you. If you have old emails from your ex-employer that confirms your affiliation with the company... that might help? Especially if it came from a company email address to you.

The information from Companies House will also be a huge help so send that also.

Good Luck!!

Archived