189 visa - Tb history

Mrsfilip

Hi all,

My husband and I have just recently submitted his EOI for a 189 visa with the hope of an invitation in the September round.

I am now starting to worry about the medicals...

I had active Tb (tuberculosis) 4 years ago. I was treated and made a full recovery, and my husband was treated for latent Tb as a precaution. I suspect my x-rays will show scarring, although as my husband never actually had active Tb, his x-ray should be normal.

Whilst I don't think that this will be a problem passing the medical, I wondered if anyone had a similar experience?

If so, how long does it prolong the visa process?

What are the extra costs?

I believe that an undertaking agreement is taken with Australia in which I would have to periodically report for x-ray to ensure the Tb has not re-activated. Does anyone have experience of this?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

I don't think that you will have any issues with inactive TB, especially since it has been 4 years already. I've tried to look up the medical undertaking agreements but the link on the immigration website appears to be broken.

I hope you get someone experienced to answer your question. Best of luck

Hi CaptainC

Thank you for the reassurance and congrats on the recent grant.

I hope someone out there can share their experiences of a similar situation?? I'm such a worrier... I keep thinking what if this and what if that. I think it will be ok?

Hi CaptainC

Thank you for the reassurance and congrats on the recent grant.

I hope someone out there can share their experiences of a similar situation?? I'm such a worrier... I keep thinking what if this and what if that. I think it will be ok?

I think it will be fine. 4 years clear is a long time. Don't worry!

Archived