Medicals

Kirstyj

Ok, so we had our Medicals yesterday.

I've seen details before regarding what's involved, sometimes slightly varying.

Here's what we did if your interested as a prep for yours.

2 children 8 & 10 and us the parents, did a urine sample in a plastic water cup. Ease of task, boys won!

Then we all had a basic eye test. Cover one eye and read the letters on a board, that the nice lady is pointing out for you. Children did this too. If you wear glasses they asked you to take them along with your prescription.

Height and weight for all of us.

Chest X-rays for adults only, which we saw straight away and asked questions regarding anything we thought looked a bit iffy.

We then all went into a room and spoke to the Lady Dr regarding our medical history and the X-rays that had been taken. Luckily my husband and I haven't any medical secrets we've kept from one another, as this discussion took place in front of the whole family. I'm not sure this is always the case, but something worth bearing in mind!

Children - kept their clothes on and had their eyes and hips checked, followed by a prod around the tummy area.

I had to strip down to my pants, for a breast check and tummy prod. Hubby had his tummy prodded but I don't think she squeezed his moobs?

Then adults only had a blood test and that was that.......£680, thank you very much!!

Ok, so we had our Medicals yesterday.

I've seen details before regarding what's involved, sometimes slightly varying.

Here's what we did if your interested as a prep for yours.

2 children 8 & 10 and us the parents, did a urine sample in a plastic water cup. Ease of task, boys won!

Then we all had a basic eye test. Cover one eye and read the letters on a board, that the nice lady is pointing out for you. Children did this too. If you wear glasses they asked you to take them along with your prescription.

Height and weight for all of us.

Chest X-rays for adults only, which we saw straight away and asked questions regarding anything we thought looked a bit iffy.

We then all went into a room and spoke to the Lady Dr regarding our medical history and the X-rays that had been taken. Luckily my husband and I haven't any medical secrets we've kept from one another, as this discussion took place in front of the whole family. I'm not sure this is always the case, but something worth bearing in mind!

Children - kept their clothes on and had their eyes and hips checked, followed by a prod around the tummy area.

I had to strip down to my pants, for a breast check and tummy prod. Hubby had his tummy prodded but I don't think she squeezed his moobs?

Then adults only had a blood test and that was that.......£680, thank you very much!!

Hi

Thanks for this - very interesting - can't wait to have ours!

Out of interest what medical centre and firm was it that you went to?

Cheers

Steve

We went to Spire Manchester, quite similar, 2 of us plus 6 yo daughter and 10 yo son. They took girls together and boys together. We did urine sample, then i did eye test, blood pressure, blood test, height/weight.. Daughter height/ weight eye test. Into doctor, both had to strip down to underwear, checked tummy etc.. Me and my partner x-ray also :) Wasn't as bad as I thought! Good luck to all x

Do think you can apply to have your medicals done before you apply for the visa however we waited as only got 12 months date on the medicals so giving ourselves longer time in case we don't get our visa grant quickly x

Teejams, that's what confusing me, some people say you can have your medicals before you get your visa grant and others say you can't ??????????

@Kirstyj Here is the official link for medicals before a visa application.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations

1. Yes you can do the medical before you apply for the visa

2. You need a HAP ID which you can obtain by following the instructions on the link above.

Hopefully this will put this question to bed now.

Archived