189 visa help

Hi all

This is my first post so I hope someone can help! I have started the process for a 189 visa and hope to move to Perth early next year with my family: husband and 2 boys 15 and 10. I am a children and families social worker and AASW are currently processing my skills assessment (sent 20/06/2015). I am due to sit the PTE academic test on Wednesday :err: I sat IELTS last month and was 0.5 points off on reading!! I really want to lodge my application in October and have started to gather all the documents etc..

I have a couple of questions regarding the visa application:

1. Do I have to wait for DIBP to say when to go for a medical/police checks or can I book these now?

2. Documents required? Is it just birth certs/marriage cert/passports?

3. If I do not have a P60 will a document from HMRC stating all my earnings from last year be suffice?

Any help anyone can give me on the application process would be much appreciated!! I would like the application to go as quickly and smoothly as possible and hope to be able to have everything uploaded etc.. so I can submit as son as my skills assessment is back and I have passed PTE.

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Hi all

This is my first post so I hope someone can help! I have started the process for a 189 visa and hope to move to Perth early next year with my family: husband and 2 boys 15 and 10. I am a children and families social worker and AASW are currently processing my skills assessment (sent 20/06/2015). I am due to sit the PTE academic test on Wednesday :err: I sat IELTS last month and was 0.5 points off on reading!! I really want to lodge my application in October and have started to gather all the documents etc..

I have a couple of questions regarding the visa application:

1. Do I have to wait for DIBP to say when to go for a medical/police checks or can I book these now?

2. Documents required? Is it just birth certs/marriage cert/passports?

3. If I do not have a P60 will a document from HMRC stating all my earnings from last year be suffice?

Any help anyone can give me on the application process would be much appreciated!! I would like the application to go as quickly and smoothly as possible and hope to be able to have everything uploaded etc.. so I can submit as son as my skills assessment is back and I have passed PTE.

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum.

Presumably you know that you have to be invited before you can submit a 189 visa application. The invitation rounds are held on the first monday each month and depnding on your point score you may be invited. The higher the points, the more likely you are of being invited at the first round after submitting the expression of interest.

To answer your questions:

1. You can go for medicals and apply for PCC's at any time before or after lodgement of the visa application. However the earlier of either the medical or the PCC's will become your latest entry date. So for example if you did medicals today then your latest entry date will be 17th Aug 2016. Because of this most people prefer to wait a little while to allow more time to travel to Australia.

2. The document checklist for the 189 visa is here > https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-/Skilled-Independent-visa-(subclass-189)-document-checklist bear in mind that you will have to also provide evidence of employment to DIBP.

3. If you don't have a P60, you can request a reprint from your employer, this isn't always possible but worth a try. You don't actually need to provide a P60 but any evidence that you consider worth submitting should be sent.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I'm aware that I will have to be invited and EOI however, I did not know the invitation rounds are held on the first Monday each month so thanks for that info. Once I have passed the PTE with superior results I will have 65 points. I am hoping to lodge our application in October.

I will look into who does medicals and PCC's in Manchester as getting this wrong could be an expensive mistake!

In terms of employment evidence do I need a reference? and if so is there a specific format? I could also be getting on with these ready for when I lodge the application.

Finally, is the form 80 the same as 1221 as they do seem similar? I have read that much online I am becoming confused!

Thanks again for you help and congrats on your visa!!!

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I'm aware that I will have to be invited and EOI however, I did not know the invitation rounds are held on the first Monday each month so thanks for that info. Once I have passed the PTE with superior results I will have 65 points. I am hoping to lodge our application in October.

I will look into who does medicals and PCC's in Manchester as getting this wrong could be an expensive mistake!

In terms of employment evidence do I need a reference? and if so is there a specific format? I could also be getting on with these ready for when I lodge the application.

Finally, is the form 80 the same as 1221 as they do seem similar? I have read that much online I am becoming confused!

Thanks again for you help and congrats on your visa!!!

Thanks!

With 65 points it's practically guaranteed that you'd be invited on the first invitation round after the submission of the EOI.

We went for our medicals in Manchester at Spire Manchester Hospital, it was easy and pain free! There are a couple of places in Manchester, so you have a bit of a choice. You will need to obtain a HAP ID from the department before you can make an appointment. You can do this by completing the medical declaration, follow the instructions here > https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations

PCC's need to be the national one from ACRO, you can apply online here> https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx they come very quickly (within a week)

Form 80 is generally for people from high risk countries, so it is highly unlikely that you'd be asked for that. You may be asked for form 80, so I'd advise to complete it and sit on it in case it's asked for or you can upload it with the rest of the documents, it's up to you.

For the reference there is no set format, as long as it states your employment dates, your job title, and a brief description of your duties. It should also include contact details so they can check it if necessary.

I was just looking at Spire Manchester Hospital online! Thanks for the info it has been very helpful and I am going to complete the medical declaration now!

I really would advise against starting medicals now. It is not sensible, they expire, they shorten your validation date and doing them before you have even lodged an appplication can confuse the system as well. The immigration department recommendation is to not do medicals until asked, I would follow their advice.

Archived