views on wyndham vale

k886

Hi all

Myself, my husband and 3 year old daughter are moving to Victoria early next year. We have been looking at potential suburbs and Wyndham Vale seems ideal due to location to Geelong and Melbourne and property prices.

Would be happy with any kind of input about the area(schools, shopping, transport etc) positive and negative.

Thanks

We are in a very similar position, leave here end of May with a 5yr old and 18 month old daughters.

We came out to melbourne earlier this year and eldest loved Geelong but hubby is most likely to find work in Melbourne so this is a suburb we have looked into. Well this and a

Million others !! It's exhausting. Sorry I can't offer any advice but I'd be interested in others views. There is a site called 'life in victoria' some

Really helpful guys on there may be able to help out.

I know people who did live there, they were older and sold up and went to QLD but did not say anything bad about it. There daughter bought a house there so she could use it as a weekender for her dogs and they kept it for quite a while, once again did not hear any negatives. Just an ordinary commuter suburb. The problem in the west is that there are so many people of an age that need services such as schools, doctors, kindergartens, Australia builds the houses and then sits back and says oh they want a school, they want transport, they want internet, oh well maybe in five ten or fifteen years.

The Wyndham Vale and Werribee area is pretty well established for supporting services like schools, shopping etc. but there are areas still in development as the western areas of greater Melbourne grow. So it really depends on where exactly in that area you will be based. WV is probably currently on the edge of the development in the west.

Werribee is on the train line. Good links to Melbourne. A pretty big shopping centre. All the usual facilities.

My partner lives in Wyndham vale and I'm hoping to move there next year. It's a nice area local shops and schools. New train station which runs into the city every 20 minutes it's about a 30 minute train ride into Melbourne CBD the only issue is if you need to work in the city and drive as the road into the city is grid locked anywhere after 7am which makes the normal 20 minute drive at least a hour.

The local Werribee plaza has just had lots of eateries added onto it which makes it so much better to get takeout if needed.

Plus rentals and houses are cheap. It's a fairly new estate in many areas so at times houses seem cramped but if you find a good place it shouldn't be a issue.

Archived