English / Scottish football

S209cshaughne

Hi I am due to move over later this month. As a football supporter following Celtic and Coventry and the Premier league I was curious to know which TV channels ( if any) show the 3 competitions. Is it possible to access Match of the day shown on a Saturday evening and Sunday morning in the UK . Also ( I know this is unlikely) is it possible to access BBC radio 5 sport podcasts ? Many Thanks

You can watch EPL games on Fox sport - if you want to watch live it does mean keeping some strange hours! There is a 'season pass' for $90 and that gets you 380 games.

SPL will be much more difficult - at least you support Celtic, we stood nae chance supporting the Bairns!

Legally you cannot access BBC services in Australia but lots of people find ways around it, it's not difficult and realistically it would be difficult to see how you could be prosecuted.

Bein sports (used to be setanta sports) subscription, which is $149 for the year will get you the SPFL games, especially Celtic and Rangers, plus you will get English championship, MLS, Serie A, Bundesliga and French football live. Unfortunately, you won't get English league 1 regularly on FOXTEL or Bein Sports.

Foxtel have the same thing - you can record, pause and rewind too! There's also anytime and movie downloads. I used to work for Sky before I moved and Foxtel are only just getting these functions and their offering is poor in comparison to Sky but its better than nothing!!!

In the UK there is sky planner where programs can be recorded and obviously watched at a later time- does Australian TV offer similar facility ? Certainly would help if games kick off at 7.45pm UK time !

planner works just the same , we get to watch any 3pm kick off live in the EPL ........bein sports is $9.99 per month as long as you phone them every three months to make sure you keep that deal in place otherwise they charge $27 per month , they now have the Champions League and do show some league one and two games live .

they also have the Capital One (League Cup ) games live and can be recorded as they are normally on late .........

All in all we get more games live here and dont get any additional charges for big games ect , dont think ive missed any City games in over eights years now ...

I'm made up that bein have the Champions League as ESPN was poor quality ,the commentators were so anti City and often talk utter garbage , the Americans should stick to baseball .....

Hope this helps ..........

Many thanks for all the informative responses -we are moving to Perth a week today -I have already been in contact with the Perth Celtic supporters club who are based at Rosie O Gradys bar and shall hopefully watch the Celtic games there -but with myself and my lad being generally football daft was hoping that we would be able to see some soccer -get impression that my concerns re lack of coverage shall be unfounded -my sister in law where we are staying initially has foxtel so should be able to access some EPL at least -thanks again

bein sports is $9.99 per month as long as you phone them every three months to make sure you keep that deal in place otherwise they charge $27 per month , they now have the Champions League and do show some league one and two games

They have a special offer on at the moment where they charge you $10 for your first month on a no contract then $16.99 per month after that ($197 for the year) or you can pay $150 for an annual subscription.

Last season, there wasn't many league one or two games shown so the original poster might not get to see Coventry live on a regular basis but will get to see most Celtic games (either on TV or via live game on the Bein website, which you get access to with your monthly/annual subscription)

Archived