IELTS-My Rant

Waitingawhile

How unbelievable that as someone one born in the uk, an English speaker with A level in English language and literacy plus a Diploma of Higher Education in Human Behaviour plus a BA Hons x2 would I need to take an IELTS test when my qualifications are easily recognisable, transferable and indicative of my skills in using the English language - so why why why do we still have to take a test to get the 10 extra points why can`t some common sense be applied instead!:arghh:

Sorry guys things such as this which make no logical sense and cost time and money needlessly to all concerned make me stop and question :nah:

Guest tony and sheena

I agree. As it's not compulsory and only needed to make up for a points shortfall in certain circumstances, younger applicants with a skill on the demand list could sail through on points without knowing a word of English.

Sheena

Guest nomad

Mate, I feel your pain..

When I was asked to do it, I sat there in disbelief :skeptical:, but it's just bureaucracy..

We just focused on our goal, smiled :smile: and said bring it on.....

Good luck.

Guest nomad

No Idea...

As Sheena said, If your young and your skills are on the MODL list, your in... The fact that I'm 41 with a Degree in Maths & Computing, 18 years experience with skills on the MODL list and financially stable.. they seem to want to throw wobblers in front of me.

It took us 12 months, but we got our 175 visa granted last week.... so it was worth bowing to them as it achieves our goals:notworthy:

Guest gothicqueen

similar situation here, I teach life skills in prisons and have to do the ielts

English is the only language I speak........

Ive checked out some of the test questions and it looked quite daunting too, but we also need those extra few points so have to do it, Im just glad hubby isnt doing it as he is dyslexic!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Rocki

I can understand exactly how you feel!

However if you can see it as being (for you) a dead easy way to collect 10 extra points, maybe it won't seem so bad? Because that is what it is for most applicants for whom English is their main or only language.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest yvonne and paul

hi ya, yer i am real fed up over this as im 40 i needed it as well, but if i had sent off my visa before me birthday i wouldnt have needed to sit it !!!!!!!

Any way i sat it last month and failed ( just mind ... LOL, got 6 7 7 9) So im not English then:no: mmmmmmmmm

any way

i got no extra time cause my dislexic report was over 2 years old

( may be they think i cured! :spinny:)

And the so called professor who diagnosed me 5 years a go at uni whats to charge me £300 to resit the test. ( May be he thinks im cured ! LOL)

Is all a money racket gets me real mad :arghh: Any way so im down to sit it again another £100

Makes me :biglaugh: when i hear your wanted down under, WELL LET US IN THEN!!!!! Thats that of me chest, C ya Yvonne

Archived