INCORRECT EOI point awarded. <<<<big trouble>>>

strikker

Hello sir/madam.

I am an applicant of Expression of interest for skilled migration. I am facing a problem while putting information in EOI online form. There is a difference between claimed point awarder by EOI portal and as per my calculation.

I am claiming point on below information.

[TABLE=width: 457, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Points score

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AGE: (25-32 years)

[/TD]

[TD]30

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Education: (bachelor degree of 16 years education)

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LANGUAGE: (Competent English)

[/TD]

[TD]0

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled Nominated Subclass 190:

[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Work Experience: (+8 years)

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TOTAL

[/TD]

[TD]65 point

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

My source of point’s calculation is https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-migration-points-test.php

My calculated points are 65 but when I have completed the skill select EOI form, it award me 70 points. I don’t know why this happens. I have given information correct as per my knowledge. I don’t know from where it awards me 5 extra points?

This is a big trouble for me because if the case officer assessed my points and it comes wrong then my application will be rejected.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Khalid shamim

EOI applicant.

You need to just work your way through the EOI and check everything you put in.

Look at your educational information. I believe there is a box about "Australian education" that is worded ambiguously. I cannot remember the details, but people used to check this if they considered their qualification was "equivalent" to Australian, but it was not intended for this purpose and people inadvertently gave themselves five extra points.

Just go over it all again and ensure you have fully understood and answered each question.

Have you actually submitted the EOI? If so you need to either withdraw it or amend it TODAY so it's all correct, otherwise there's a high chance you'd be invited and then unable to change it.

Hello, I'm just new here and encounter quite the same problem with OP, so if please allow me ask my question in your thread without opening a new one.

Here's my case/issue:

1/ I had a period working part-time. In the skill assessment, the agency (VETASSESS) cut short the total period and count the remaining as full time. For example, I worked part-time for two years. VETASSESS determined, in their letter, that my relevant experience was one year. So I used their result to calculate my points, which was 70.

2/ I submitted an EOI and indicated the original working period, instead of using VETASSESS "modified" period. It turned out that the website determined my points of 75.

3/ I submitted a state nomination request and indicated my points of 70.

Now I received the state nomination and is preparing visa application. I was aware of this difference, but didn't attempt to correct it since I think: (1) I provided accurate information; (2) The officer will need to review the documents and what applicants declare rather than relying on such built-in function of the website; and (3) EOI application page said that the point specified there was only "indicative".

But I may be wrong. Or to prevent that possibility, my question is: Does this difference influence in any way to the visa application process/result? If there may be some influence, is there some thing I can do before or after submitting visa application?

Hello, I'm just new here and encounter quite the same problem with OP, so if please allow me ask my question in your thread without opening a new one.

Here's my case/issue:

1/ I had a period working part-time. In the skill assessment, the agency (VETASSESS) cut short the total period and count the remaining as full time. For example, I worked part-time for two years. VETASSESS determined, in their letter, that my relevant experience was one year. So I used their result to calculate my points, which was 70.

2/ I submitted an EOI and indicated the original working period, instead of using VETASSESS "modified" period. It turned out that the website determined my points of 75.

3/ I submitted a state nomination request and indicated my points of 70.

Now I received the state nomination and is preparing visa application. I was aware of this difference, but didn't attempt to correct it since I think: (1) I provided accurate information; (2) The officer will need to review the documents and what applicants declare rather than relying on such built-in function of the website; and (3) EOI application page said that the point specified there was only "indicative".

But I may be wrong. Or to prevent that possibility, my question is: Does this difference influence in any way to the visa application process/result? If there may be some influence, is there some thing I can do before or after submitting visa application?

That was really quite hard to follow. But if you are saying you claimed points for part time work experience, then you should be very concerned. Only full time work experience is counted. Having said that, Australian immigration deem above 20 hours to be "full time" - which would be very weird to most of us but that is what they think.

Thanks for your reply. By part-time I mean it was 20-hour per week, so it's qualified as also reflected in VETASSESS result. I think my illustration isn't clear and corresponding to my real circumstance. Actually, I worked 5 years part-time, but each year with 2 months off, so in total it is counted (in months) as 50 months.

Set aside the part-time issue. Now it happens, what should I do to ensure that they don't think of me as providing inaccurate information and eventually give me unfavored result? I think I did quite reasonably, but will stop convincing myself if there's a threat.

Applicants in this sort of situation should consider consulting a registered migration agent for advice about strategy. Amending an EoI is sometimes possible, or letting an invitation lapse. Where there is an issue about employment points, the way forward can be fraught. over claiming points, for whatever reason, is a recipe for disaster.

Thank you "BUNGO"...

"You need to just work your way through the EOI and check everything you put in.

Look at your educational information. I believe there is a box about "Australian education" that is worded ambiguously. I cannot remember the details, but people used to check this if they considered their qualification was "equivalent" to Australian, but it was not intended for this purpose and people inadvertently gave themselves five extra points."

you catch my error/ thanks alot. Yes i was puting yes to question about relevant aystralian education. got so much releif no.

i have still not submit the EOI. now i got 65 points in EOI assessment. now i want to know what is the probablity if visa allocation. the minimum points are 60. if some one has 60 points and some one have 65 or 70 points. do they give priority to max points applicant or every one has same probablity of getting visa accepted. Please comments.

Archived