Fitters / Turners / CNC Machinists (Mechanical)

aconcannon

My husband & I will be arriving in Sydney as permanent residents in October of this year.

If anybody can recommend any companies or agencies worth applying to in the Sydney area (we'll be based in Manly but hubby is prepared for the commute), then please get in touch.

Thanks in advance!

My husband & I will be arriving in Sydney as permanent residents in October of this year.

If anybody can recommend any companies or agencies worth applying to in the Sydney area (we'll be based in Manly but hubby is prepared for the commute), then please get in touch.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the Sydney area for companies, but try and register with Skilled Engineering, a labour hire company as a backup. A lot of companies close down over Christmas, and contract labour are brought in to carry out shutdown work during that period. There are several labour hire companies other than Skilled, so Google them for the area you are likely to be living in and see what comes up. Manly, being a touristy destination, is unlikely to have any great amount of industry I would have thought, but hopefully some Sydneysiders will be able to advise you on that. All the best to you.

Hi Celt Down Under :-)

Thanks so much for your advice! Really helpful! We've not heard of Skilled Engineering so I'll get my hubby to sign up with them. My husband has a lot of experience in shutdown work so it sounds like he could be busy over Christmas :-)

The mines are where he's hoping to end up but with such a downturn in the industry he's not building his hoped up too much. It's a bit of a minefield but I'm sure we'll suss it out.

Thanks again

Archived