Arranging a move back in 4 weeks

Frankie

Hiya this is my first post so hope I'm doing it correctly my partner and I have discussed moving back to the S E London next year and I found out a few weeks ago I won't have any work for the next 6 months, so rather than looking for a new job here I'll head back and start look for work, house etc and then my partner will follow in November. I have been so focused on sorting out me dogs and myself I didn't pay much attention to shipping our stuff having read a few post move cube seemed the way to go and I didn't think it would be that difficult so now I have two weeks before I go and I have rung seven seas 6 times over the last week and a half been hung up on twice and 4 times had my details passed to the team to call back. so I made a complaint on their Facebook page then was told to get in touch so they can investigate got in touch same thing still waiting for a call back! What are the other options for moving some bits back not loads sentimental items and clothes etc thanks in advance

I've recently moved a couple of boxes back with Seven Seas and it all went like clockwork (apart from them trying to deliver it to the wrong county at this end, but that's another story), so I'm sorry to hear they've made such a dog's breakfast of yours!

Is it really a Movecube's worth or just a few boxes? Unfortunately there isn't a really cheap way to move a small amount of stuff. I got a quote from a couple of excess baggage companies, Seven Seas was the cheapest but not by much - we only had 2 removalist boxes.

Bear in mind you can take 7kg in your carry-on case (just make sure it fits the dimensions), plus a laptop and heavy coat - and if you've got a coat or vest with zippered pockets, they can't stop you filling the pockets with stuff. In fact they even sell vests specially for that!

http://www.innovations.com.au/p/clothing/shoes-accessories/lightweight-travel-vest-with-12-pockets

I also realised that in all the years I've travelled, I've never used my whole 20kg check-in allowance. It turned out to be TWO of my usual-size suitcases. So maybe try a test pack and see how much stuff you've really got left over?

Archived