Tax Resident in Oz : Working for UK Ltd Company : How to operate?

I am planning to migrate back to Oz next year (I am an Australian citizen so no visa issues). I have been living away from Australia for almost 20 yrs.

I have 50% shares in a UK Ltd company - I currently work for this company through a Partnership in the UK that I plan to close. I own 50% of the shares and a colleague (who is tax resident in France) owns the other 50%. We want to keep the UK company going.

I was planning to open a new Partnership (of my wife & I) in Australia and invoice the UK company through that.

Does this sound like a sensible way to operate?

I've heard of issues with CFCs and I'm unsure of the implications of these.

Are there also some issues to be aware of with personal service entities? The Partnership I plan to open would only have one client (the UK company that I own 50% of shares in).

I appreciate any advice on the subject.

Thanks.

Contact the ATO and/or get yourself an accouintant. This is the accountant I use here in Surry Hills where I live.

[h=3]AC Accounting & Taxation Services[/h]www.acaccountinginfo.com.au/services.html

I also used this one, finding them on the web when I was living in England, perhaps offering more of a corporate service.

[h=3]Crispin & Jeffery[/h]www.cjeffery.com.au/

Google+ page · Be the first to review[TABLE=class: ts intrlu]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2, 57 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089

call_skype_logo.png(02) 9908 4744[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]