176 visa application for teacher- Timescale ??

Guest Maz and Nick

Guest Maz and Nick

Hi all,

This is our first posting on the site. I have applied for state sponsorship through Victoria I am a teacher. It was held up as I needed to get my VIT registration number. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a yes for state sponsorship and then how long after we lodge a 176 Visa application before we will get an answer. We are dying to know how long it will be realistically before we are able to move over to Oz?

Any advice is welcome

Maz and Nick

:huh:

Hi Maz and Nick,

We just got our state nomination by email from the WA government, even though in the orginal email they said we would be notified by mail. The original will be coming in the mail. I just applied on Friday May 2nd and we just got our email today and I have applied online already for the 176 Visa.

If you need more info let me know and good luck.

Karen

Guest Gollywobbler

I just applied on Friday May 2nd and we just got our email today and I have applied online already for the 176 Visa.

Gosh! Grass does not get time to grow under your feet, does it, honey????? :smile:

Well done Karen!!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Maz & Nick

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Karen is your woman, I reckon. She really understands the 176 visa and the State nomination end of it inside out. She's lovely, too, and very willing to pass on what she knows.

Good luck with your application.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest carolans

Welcome Maz and Nick,

We applied for Victoria sponsorship - it took about 6 weeks (if I remember correctly) for a yes to come through. We then applied for a paper 137 (the old version of 176) on 1 July last year and got our visa March this year - but we did hold up proceedings by not sorting medicals quickly. Frontloading medicals and PCCs, as well as the August backlog clearing, will hopefully speed up your application, esp if done online.

good luck

Zoë

Guest Maz and Nick

Thanks for your replies everyone, it is really nice to know that we have somewhere to ask questions and meet people in the same situation.

Maz x :wubclub:

quote=carolans;239731]Welcome Maz and Nick,

We applied for Victoria sponsorship - it took about 6 weeks (if I remember correctly) for a yes to come through. We then applied for a paper 137 (the old version of 176) on 1 July last year and got our visa March this year - but we did hold up proceedings by not sorting medicals quickly. Frontloading medicals and PCCs, as well as the August backlog clearing, will hopefully speed up your application, esp if done online.

good luck

Zoë

Archived