189 Visa: Process after Invitation

Dear All,

We have received an invitation today. Assuming we make an application by paying the fee and uploading the documents by 15th July, by when can we expect our Visa?

Also, I have the following queries:

1) I still haven't received the original physical copy of the Skills Assessment through mail though I do have the pdf copy. Is this sufficient?

2) After uploading, what are the stages left? I believe I have to get a certificate from the Police, the Passport and get my medicals done from an approved doctor, correct? Is there anything else?

Please suggest any other do's and dont's. We intend to fly to Australia by November end or December this year. Is our visa application on track for this time frame?

Dear All,

We have received an invitation today. Assuming we make an application by paying the fee and uploading the documents by 15th July, by when can we expect our Visa?

Also, I have the following queries:

1) I still haven't received the original physical copy of the Skills Assessment through mail though I do have the pdf copy. Is this sufficient?

2) After uploading, what are the stages left? I believe I have to get a certificate from the Police, the Passport and get my medicals done from an approved doctor, correct? Is there anything else?

Please suggest any other do's and dont's. We intend to fly to Australia by November end or December this year. Is our visa application on track for this time frame?

Difficult to give a time frmae - depends if they request more information from you. Mine took 4-5 months to be processed and granted so might be a little tight for November/December time but might be do able. Are you able to fly out later if needs be?

Medicals and police checks - try to get done asap...if anyone has any previous cautions etc then might be worth also requesting a subject access check too as these take 40 days to be processed.

I think your PDF should be fine...you can always upload it in a couple of weeks as you will be in a queue for a case officier anyway after initially paying - so you should have time :-)

Hope this helps

In Form 80(which my agent has told to fill and send before lodging) there are points 48 and 49 which ask if I have any personal contacts in Australia. I do have a few friends but that is it. I don't have any relatives(not even distant as far as I know). Is it advisable to write names of friends? Or should I just omit and leave it blank? Does it add value to our application or does it reduce the value?

Archived